• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Since yesterdays ruling, I have been wondering. Are there gun shops in DC? If not, how do residents of DC buy a handgun in the first place, now that the ruling says they can own them? According to Federal law you must buy a handgun in the state you are a resident of. DC is not a state for one thing and since guns were not allowed in DC for what, 32 or 33 years, is there anywhere in DC to buy guns?:dunno:

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Yeah, I wondered about that also. Although I'm sure there are at least a few shops there, even with the laws the way they were.

This leads to another question: Once they get a hangun, where can they go to practice shooting it?!?!
    I went to my online resource for range searches, and it looks like the only range in DC is a private range for police in the area, so what now?
    Here's the link
    Shooting Range - National Registry

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If the mayor has his way, those firearms won't be allowed out of the home to go to a shooting range. If there aren't gun stores in the DC area now, I'd also be surprised if the city council would ever approve one to be built or opened. Not sure if the mayor can veto those decisions if they were to actually approve one to be opened. He is clearly opposed to the Supreme Court ruling. I also noticed that it would be illegal for anyone to have a firearm for 21 days according to his remarks. I'm not sure how that is legal but maybe it is.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Also I think the "mayor" said that no one could take possession of a handgun until it was registered with his police department? How do you register one if you don't possess it? Seems you would have to take it to the police department to do that. Can't if you can't legally have it. I think this "mayor" is a nut! :rolleyesedit:

Top Bottom