• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Bluffton
    I have a Century Arms CETME .308 which is causing my problem. I don't know much about this gun, but I'm pretty sure this is not normal. I have fired about 20 rounds through the gun and all of the empty brass is ejected the same. The neck has a big ding in it. I typically keep all my brass although I do not currently reload. Is the brass usable anymore? Any insight about this problem is greatly appreciated.
    * I'm looking around to find out how to make the images smaller, sorry that they take up your entire screen*

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I'm not familiar with that firearm or why it is damaging the necks like that, but I'm guessing it's a gas-operated semi-auto that is smacking the cases against something during extraction. I'd be inclined to figure out why it's doing that and see if I could resolve it.

If those were my brass I would use a tapered punch to get them more or less round again and then resize them. While that won't help with case life, you could easily reload brass with this kind of damage 3 or 4 times before it was ruined.

gutpile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    ctme brass dings h&k leaves fluted neck marks in H&K model 91 if you have another 308 bolt gun or single shot prime and load 5 to 6 grains of Unique or red dot or win 231 and pack the case with cream of wheat and fire it You will have to aneal and trim cases far more often however

Top Bottom