Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’m standing here watching the pot but it’s not brewing any faster.

How full does it have to be to get that first cup? I usually try to wait until at least half way done.

You're explaining exactly the reason I choke down an awful cup of Keurig coffee first thing in the morning, cause it's quick. I start it, then feed my cats and get a bowl of cereal ready. By the time that's done I'm walking up to my office with the coffee. I don't know that I want to take the time for anything more complicated or slower first thing.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Morning all. :coffee:

I commit the grave offence of instant coffee... Take the cup, fill it 50-50 milk and water, add it to a pot, turn the burner on high, add sugar to the pot, add instant coffee crystals to the cup, once the pot starts to boil and there's a fair bit of foam (I like the froth in my coffee), I pour over the instant coffee. It has a very nice texture and flavor.

Most drip coffees are too weak, or too acidic tasting due to the water temperature involved. I do enjoy a nice smooth cup of black drip coffee, but those are few and far between.

Espresso can also be good. At the start of shutdowns I purchased a pump espresso machine (as opposed to steam). Much better results than the steam machine I bought at a yard sale.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I commit the grave offence of instant coffee... Take the cup, fill it 50-50 milk and water, add it to a pot, turn the burner on high, add sugar to the pot, add instant coffee crystals to the cup, once the pot starts to boil and there's a fair bit of foam (I like the froth in my coffee), I pour over the instant coffee. It has a very nice texture and flavor.

Most drip coffees are too weak, or too acidic tasting due to the water temperature involved. I do enjoy a nice smooth cup of black drip coffee, but those are few and far between.

Espresso can also be good. At the start of shutdowns I purchased a pump espresso machine (as opposed to steam). Much better results than the steam machine I bought at a yard sale.

You are the first person I’ve know that can make instant coffee sound good :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I’m just done with people. Done with all this crap going on. Both the wife and I’s trucks were ransacked last night... Our cameras didn’t catch a damn thing, even though they are pointed right at the trucks. No forced entry thankfully because she forgot to lock hers, I dont lock mine because then it won’t unlock... Threw everything everywhere in both. Only stole one thing, a $10 Morakniv that DOGG gave me years back. Left my $50 Bluetooth speaker, $20 neck knife and $150 Oakley sunglasses.... Dumbasses. Lucky the cameras didn’t catch them, because they would have been held on the ground with a 10mm to the face till a cop showed up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Read the thread Carlos started on finding a good .22LR rifle and now I'm itching to shoot my bolt action rimfires again.

I’m with you on that. His pillar bedding thread has me looking at doing that with the old Glenfield Marlin just for fun. We do need to get out to MCFG and run the .22 rifles one of these mornings

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning!

Ordered another Laure 2 stage trigger Sunday night. :)::cool:

I need to do the same. The Sig came with a ‘match’ single stage trigger that has some creep to it and breaks north of 5#. I’m just not feeling the love for it. The 2 stage Larue’s have spoiled me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m just done with people. Done with all this crap going on. Both the wife and I’s trucks were ransacked last night... Our cameras didn’t catch a damn thing, even though they are pointed right at the trucks. No forced entry thankfully because she forgot to lock hers, I dont lock mine because then it won’t unlock... Threw everything everywhere in both. Only stole one thing, a $10 Morakniv that DOGG gave me years back. Left my $50 Bluetooth speaker, $20 neck knife and $150 Oakley sunglasses.... Dumbasses. Lucky the cameras didn’t catch them, because they would have been held on the ground with a 10mm to the face till a cop showed up.

Sorry to hear that Rusty. People suck. Plain and simple. I do fear that we are moving into a time when small crime such as that will become more common as the worthless ***** are empowered by the liberal win in Washington

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I need to do the same. The Sig came with a ‘match’ single stage trigger that has some creep to it and breaks north of 5#. I’m just not feeling the love for it. The 2 stage Larue’s have spoiled me.

I believe that factory Sig triggers are designed by liability lawyers and not shooters.

I have a Sig Match Duo in an MCX. It’s better but still nothing that impresses. The factory trigger was terrible.

Larue for the win.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I grind 2 and sometimes 3 different beans and blend to taste. The bitter is gone. Depending on the blend you get a woodsy aroma and flavor.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I’m with you on that. His pillar bedding thread has me looking at doing that with the old Glenfield Marlin just for fun. We do need to get out to MCFG and run the .22 rifles one of these mornings

I'm frustrated because I got a $500 Christmas bonus from work, will be getting a $500 referral bonus next check and just got my $600 gubbermint freebie check. I had wanted to buy ammo, which I can't find at anywhere tolerable of a price, buy a new video card for my computer, which I can't do because of the a$$hole bitcoin miners or wanted to pick up a second P10C OR, which aren't available anywhere! :wallbash:

Now I'm thinking I could pick up a new .22lr bolt gun, mount and scope instead, but having two .22lr bolt guns now, I really don't need another. Plus I don't have any more room in the safe... :(

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Your having a rough week with cars.

Morning all. Turkeys off to school.e and Magpie are feeling less than highly motivated to say the least.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Neighbors my friend.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm frustrated because I got a $500 Christmas bonus from work, will be getting a $500 referral bonus next check and just got my $600 gubbermint freebie check. I had wanted to buy ammo, which I can't find at anywhere tolerable of a price, buy a new video card for my computer, which I can't do because of the a$$hole bitcoin miners or wanted to pick up a second P10C OR, which aren't available anywhere! :wallbash:

Now I'm thinking I could pick up a new .22lr bolt gun, mount and scope instead, but having two .22lr bolt guns now, I really don't need another. Plus I don't have any more room in the safe... :(
    You could order a new safe, but then you'd be waiting for that for quite some time currently as well. I'm waiting on one I ordered in August and now looking like Feb delivery, and that was the faster option than the other I strongly considered.

On the order of first world problems, probably better to have the money and not be able to get some things, that to not have the $ and have things be plentiful. Always the way it works. Either have time or money for example, but rarely both at the same time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom