Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Got takeout from the barbecue place for lunch since I have to tell Carlos what I weigh on Monday. Might as well have some sort of a last fat kid supper. :cool:
    Since it's Birthday Eve, my wife is making an Old Fashioned Sugar Creme pie tonight.
    I'm likely to eat the whole dang thing.....and I'm not joking !

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did you get the cool, AR500 steel hangers for the initial, and bigger gongs ?

This is what I have now.
    10" bullseye gong (bullseye is 4" gong with 3" exposed).
    IPSC bullseye torso (bullseye is 6" gong with 5" exposed).

uL72DJD.jpg

Yesterday's order is basically this with a 10" speed plate:

gNRN7Y8.png

And today's order is basically this, but with only 3 gongs (2" / 4" / 8").

RhxZM3W.png

All of the hangers and the top cap for the steel challenge plate are AR500. I also bought a protective cover the vendor sells to protect the 2x4 directly below that steel challenge plate. For the last setup that I ordered today, I'll have to make a run to the hardware store to get some 1" and 3/4" EMT electrical conduit for the legs and crossbar, but those should inexpensive. Looks like the EMT comes in 10' or longer sections, so I will take tools with me to cut them down to size in the parking lot, so they fit in the car.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    BCM Gunfighters Program brings together industry - leading military and weapons manipulation instructors to design, utilize and continually improve the BCMGunfighter line of Carbines and AR-15 Accessories. BCM is proud and honored that these men, who we call family, use, recommend, and support our mission to produce Mil-Spec quality product with no shortcuts, cost be damned.

Today, let's meet Frank Proctor !

For Frank Proctor, shooting is a passion and a way of life. For the past 20 years, he has served in the US Army in various roles, the last 12 of which with US Army Special Forces, with deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq. Proctor also served as the primary instructor for Combat Marksmanship and Lead Sniper Instructor for 20th Special Forces Group. Also involved in competitive shooting since 2007, he currently hold rankings of Grand Master in USPSA Limited, Master in Production and Master in IDPA Stock Service Pistol

1611690085108.png

If you don't have a BCM rifle, you might want to get one before the gettin' gets tough.
    This public service message is sponsored by me, and TT ! :bacondance: :chuck:;)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This is what I have now.
    10" bullseye gong (bullseye is 4" gong with 3" exposed).
    IPSC bullseye torso (bullseye is 6" gong with 5" exposed).

uL72DJD.jpg

Yesterday's order is basically this with a 10" speed plate:

gNRN7Y8.png

And today's order is basically this, but with only 3 gongs (2" / 4" / 8").

RhxZM3W.png

All of the hangers and the top cap for the steel challenge plate are AR500. I also bought a protective cover the vendor sells to protect the 2x4 directly below that steel challenge plate. For the last setup that I ordered today, I'll have to make a run to the hardware store to get some 1" and 3/4" EMT electrical conduit for the legs and crossbar, but those should inexpensive. Looks like the EMT comes in 10' or longer sections, so I will take tools with me to cut them down to size in the parking lot, so they fit in the car.
    Sweet ! ....it was actually the "protective cover" that I was asking about, because I thought that it was a great product ! :thumbsup: (I just didn't use the correct term)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The swinging hangers come in two designs, one is proprietary and only works with their gongs and the other uses standard gongs with 1/2" holes. I ordered the bulletproof super hangers in heavy duty, so I can use other manufacturers gongs if I ever had to.

Bulletproof Super Hangers (standard or heavy duty):
    https://shootingtargets7.com/products/superhangers-bulletproof-target-hangers

Superlock Hangers (standard or heavy duty, proprietary gongs):
    https://shootingtargets7.com/products/superlock-gong-hangers

Here is a video showing the hangers in action.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom