• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hey INGO, I've got a family member who needs some help with historical value of a handgun recovered off of a soldier in WWII. This comes from a family friend in Bloomington IN. His father told him that he recovered this pistol off of a dead German soldier in WWII but never told him the whole story. He would like to know what the pistol is worth and any historical information that may go along with it.

I disassembled it and the gun is in excellent shape. The bore is very clean and there is no rust. The magazines, magazine springs, and leather holster are all in great shape as well. It has a small part of the grip chipped off of the rear right side but that is the only flaw.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am not a collector of these guns. My knowledge is limited. There are websites with full information about markings, etc.
    With that caveat:
    These guns are pretty common on Gunbroker and other sites. There are several active on there now. You will find that the price range is pretty wide. This gun has the date and waffenampt (German military acceptance stamp) so it should be ok for a collector. They seem to range anywhere from $400 on the low side to asking prices near $1000. I don't know of any that have sold for that but many have been listed with a "buy it now" in that ballpark. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hey INGO, I've got a family member who needs some help with historical value of a handgun recovered off of a soldier in WWII. This comes from a family friend in Bloomington IN. His father told him that he recovered this pistol off of a dead German soldier in WWII but never told him the whole story. He would like to know what the pistol is worth and any historical information that may go along with it.

I disassembled it and the gun is in excellent shape. The bore is very clean and there is no rust. The magazines, magazine springs, and leather holster are all in great shape as well. It has a small part of the grip chipped off of the rear right side but that is the only flaw.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have a nazi proofed cz 27 in the shop on consignment for $480 (I think that's a little high myself but it isn't my price). I would think with the holster, provenance, and completeness I would say about $500-$600 retail. If you by chance have the "bringback papers" you could safely add another $100 onto that price. It would have to sell on gunbroker though to realize that high a price though. The nazi guns that bring the better money are the "Big Three" i.e. the Luger, PPK, and P38 with the Browning Hi Power getting honorable mention.

I have a Hungarian FEG in 32 acp in here right now for well under $400 and it is mint. It's truely baffling the amount of handguns that were pressed into Nazi service by the Reich but as I said the three actually made in Germany command the premium.

The history is that Germany overran Czechoslavkia and took over their gun production for the war effort and there is not much more to add.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have a nazi proofed cz 27 in the shop on consignment for $480 (I think that's a little high myself but it isn't my price). I would think with the holster, provenance, and completeness I would say about $500-$600 retail. If you by chance have the "bringback papers" you could safely add another $100 onto that price. It would have to sell on gunbroker though to realize that high a price though. The nazi guns that bring the better money are the "Big Three" i.e. the Luger, PPK, and P38 with the Browning Hi Power getting honorable mention.

I have a Hungarian FEG in 32 acp in here right now for well under $400 and it is mint. It's truely baffling the amount of handguns that were pressed into Nazi service by the Reich but as I said the three actually made in Germany command the premium.

The history is that Germany overran Czechoslavkia and took over their gun production for the war effort and there is not much more to add.
    Thank you. For that price this will probably just end up as a family heirloom. He was hoping to pay off some bills if it was worth it but this is probably more valuable to him personally than monetarily.

Top Bottom