• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll admit to being not well versed on computers in general, being old enough that when we talked about tablets they had cuneiform on them. They're tools that I use but with which I have limited understanding.

That said it seems that it would be a lot easier to simply buy somebody off to get the knowledge to hack Sony rather than spend the time and resources from across the ocean. I listen to the dire predictions of big media and the solemn requests from DHS for more money for protection and wonder if everything could be compromised tomorrow for money and some NK hooker. I'm interested in the opinions of the more computer literate people on the board.:)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Of course it could. Look at the recent defectors such as Snowden. I'm not saying his actions were right or wrong, but that it is a distinct and likely possibility that somebody could just straight up spill the beans like he did. Who knows what information has already been let out behind closed doors that we don't know about.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    A cyberattack can occur over several months/years. The PWs and other bypasses sold to you by an insider will changed at some point (unless their IT is really, really bad), so going in by a back door yields better results. Also, the person you pay off can rat you out if you don't continue to pay; not so with a sneak attack.

Top Bottom