• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    FINALLY!!! after putting 500rds through my Kahr it is working great and not jamming rounds on me. Now I feel like I can trust it to carry for protecting myself. I will still have my LC9 though for my back up. What a pain in the ass it was breaking this gun in!!! I really like the Kahr but I don't think I will ever but one again. Out of all the guns I have had I never had any problems from right out of the box shooting unlike my Kahr.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    What kind of problems were you having with it? FTF, FTE, stovepipes? I know that Karl reccomends a 200 round break in period (I have a CM9), but 500 seems a little over the top. Did you call Kahr about it? If so, what did they say?

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    What kind of problems were you having with it? FTF, FTE, stovepipes? I know that Karl reccomends a 200 round break in period (I have a CM9), but 500 seems a little over the top. Did you call Kahr about it? If so, what did they say?

+1 to this.

In fact, I had a Kahr CW40 once that was flawless. Made it through 350~ rounds total before it was traded toward a Glock 23.

Ate everything I fed it - at the time that was 180gr/165gr WWB FMJ, 180gr Speer Gold Dot JHP, and 165gr Hornady Critical Defense XTP JHP's.

I do regret getting rid of that gun; only because of how flawless the function was though. I'd of much rather preferred better sights, more changeability of sights (P/PM/K/MK series) etc. Other than that, I think Kahr's DAO trigger is out of this world AMAZING once you get used to it. With "laser training" I could keep it steady on break every time.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Sounds like maybe it needed a good feed ramp and chamber polish. Not unusual for the Kahr's as after i done mine it's perfect. Of course i do this to all my newly aquired pistols.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I had feeder ramp problems and also had to change out the spring. Kahr sent me a new spring and I polished the feeder ramp and after putting 150 extra rounds through it I finally didn't have a single problem. The first 200 shots throught it after I bought it the gun had 23 jams on it.
    I almost traded it today for a Sig p250 but decided after getting it to work right I might as well keep it and enjoy it.

cswan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Howard County
    I am thinking about a CW45. It is stories like yours that have prevented me from pulling the trigger. I really like the thought of the the smaller framed single stack though.
    I just cant decide.
    Glad yours finally is dependable.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    I am thinking about a CW45. It is stories like yours that have prevented me from pulling the trigger. I really like the thought of the the smaller framed single stack though.
    I just cant decide.
    Glad yours finally is dependable.

I think if you really like the CW45, you should go ahead and get it. I haven't had any problems with my CM9, and I think you will find that most people don't have problems with their Kahrs either. You only head about the problems, never the successes. Any gun manufacturer can have a lemon go out the door. Heck, the front sight fell off of my Sig P228 one day at the range :ugh: I had another instance where a brand new Walther PPK (a friends, not mine) wouldn't feed more than two rounds before jamming up. Turns out the slide was machined incorrectly and was gouging the frame.

Long story short, you probably won't have any issues. If you do, Kahr will fix them. Go on, you know you want it :D

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My Kahr experienc

I have a PM40. I really like this gun. As mentioned, these things are great to CC. I have had some issues with FTF on 2nd or 3rd round, mag falling out, not going into battery. Therefore, I never used it for EDC. But I really like the gun.

So I decided to fix the problems with some advice from the Kahrtalk forum. Great bunch over there. My problem was that the mag follower was interfering (ie - hitting) the mag latch. As suggested at Kahrtalk, I trimmed off a bit of material from the mag followers and eliminated the problem.

I went to the range yesterday and shot 100 flawless rounds through it. This gun has never had more than about 8 shots without a defect. I was very happy. However, both (plastic) mag followers broke. Partly as a result of my rework. Broken mag followers is a known problem and I am told that Kahr will send me some replacements. I will call them today. I will also request a new mag latch that is supposed to be the cure for interference.

My bottom line here is this: I like the gun enough to do what it takes to make it work reliably. I want to CC this weapon. To do that I have to prove that it is reliable.

cswan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Howard County
    I have yet to hold one in my hand. I have been doing research on the net. I need to find one and hold it to see how it feels. Ive been holding off on that because I have I feeling I'll be about $400.00 poorer if I do. lol

Top Bottom