• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Paid, printed, etc. on Dec 30th at Madison Co. Sheriff's Dept. Checks were cashed on Jan 19th (County) and 21st (State). I called ISP to check status 3 days ago (Mar 8th) and ISP said I wasn't even in their system yet. Lifetime LTCH showed up in the mail today. Approx 6 weeks from date the checks were cashed and almost 10 weeks from application date.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Paid, printed, etc. on Dec 30th at Madison Co. Sheriff's Dept. Checks were cashed on Jan 19th (County) and 21st (State). I called ISP to check status 3 days ago (Mar 8th) and ISP said I wasn't even in their system yet. Lifetime LTCH showed up in the mail today. Approx 6 weeks from date the checks were cashed and almost 10 weeks from application date.
    10 weeks?!?!? Wow, if that's the case now, I'll won't get mine until after my birthday on May 2nd. I applied yesterday morning.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    10 weeks?!?!? Wow, if that's the case now, I'll won't get mine until after my birthday on May 2nd. I applied yesterday morning.
    I wouldn't panic just yet. Some counties seem to do things a little slower, but 10 weeks is longer than I have heard of. certainly not the norm. If I remember right mine took 5 or 6 weeks start to finish. I even talked to one guy who claimed he got his in 5 days.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...renewing_applying_for_ltch-18.html#post840930

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Part of my job is to process local applicants. You come in and fill out 2 short forms, I fill out the long one, put everything in an envelope and I hand it to you to mail. 20 minutes max. The state tells me to expect a month for them to process and return the license. I've had some take 2 weeks and some take 2 months. I really believe it depends on how busy the State Police Firearms Section is at the time your app arrives.

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    Carmel, Hamilton County, applied for my renewal on Friday (fingerprints, payment, etc.). Clerk told me that the waiting time has been averaging about 6 weeks lately.

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Its been 7 weeks from app. And 5 weeks from cashing of the money order. Havnt heard anything yet. When the lady handed me the paper work to send out she said it will be about 6 weeks. This was in marshall county

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Still waiting

I sent mine in on Jan. 25. 2010... still waiting. I know it's only been 6-7 weeks, and they told me it would take 8-12 weeks. But it is hard not to feel a little impatient after such a long wait.

So IN Dude

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Evansville
    I received mine yesterday March 13 mailed to state Jan. 21. so 7 weeks 1 day for state. However my application process started December 7th with the Vanderburgh county sheriff so in total for me 13 weeks 4 days. Glad I only have to do this once!

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    5 weeks since mailing out app. I have kept my mind off it studying for nursing boards, now that I passed, I do nothing but wait and sit on INGO!! I do wear my XD gear now, all empty of course, it helps a little.

Novabeast69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Mine came today! Filed Jan. 21. 7 weeks and 5 days. Tried to forget about it, but ran to the mailbox like the kid from Christmas Story. Went to Kinko's for immediate lamination.:rockwoot: Hamilton County

Last edited:

ChaoticMunky

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    MSG2 - Lawrence, IN
    Tomorrow will be 8 weeks since I applied and haven't received a thing. I called and checked to see when my money order was cashed, and it was cashed February 24th, 1 month after I applied. So now my 8 week date from when it was cashed is April 21st, so hopefully I'll get something by then. This wait SUCKS!

Then again, leave it to IMPD to wait to send things over to the state. Wish MCSD still did these.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom