• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    Called the state today regarding mine. Was told that they are running 8 weeks. I inform the nice lady on the phone that I was approaching 9 weeks. She then informs me that it's 8 weeks once the MO is cashed. Said to call the MO company to see if it's been cashed and when. Problem now is I cannot find my MO receipt:xmad:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    That kinda sucks.. You'll have to pay for a new issue, instead of a renewal(at least thats what Marion Co. did to a friend of mine)...

Does anyone have any experience w/ the Online apps? How does that work? Do you apply, then they call you and schedule you to come in for prints and $$, or do you just go down there as soon as you apply, etc?

look here...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...elf_defense/72782-l-1_identity_solutions.html

you'll get it a lot faster......

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Applied for mine online yesterday and had my finger prints taken by L-1 today.Didn't take em 3 minutes and I was out the door and off to the sheriffs dept.Hope it only takes a week or 2 like the others that have used L-1

R3ydium

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I applied on 12/15 (Bills of rights day funny enough).

I also have a local friend that applied on 12/8

Following the trend here I'm guessing he has another 2 weeks, and I've got a good three weeks.

I'll update as we each receive.

Friend received on 1/29 (issued 1/24)

I received mine on 2/4 (issued on 2/1)

About 7-8 weeks - sorry guys

ADD: for what its worth, I called the firearms division and knew before i received it the mail.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    After doing the Online app and using L-1 services yesterday I decided to call the state firearms divison and check on the progress since my stpdad did the same thing tuesday and he called and his is on its way already.Mine has been approved and is in the mail!!! Holy crap should be getting it tomorrow depending on how this weather turns out.Looking at a 3 days from app to permit.I advise if ya want it back quick to spend the extra 10 and use L-1 and do your app online if you have it avalible in your county.Don't even have to mail anything to the state :)

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    6 weeks (almost to the day) to get my lifetime LTCH. Did it the "old fashioned" way and mailed in the application.

sargknows

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    laporte county
    Yesterday I went to renew my LTc and my wife put in for her's again at Laporte County sherrifs office. My license expires 2-13-2010. The clerk told me two times that I can not carry a hangun after the 13th untill I get my new license. I did not argue her as she was actually in a good mood this time I went to renew my license. Came home and looked up the code IC 35-47-2-6 (b) that says if you renew with in 30 days of expiration date of your license your license is extended until you get the new one from the ISP. What is the deal on this? Even the people in charge don't/won't give the right info.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Thats awesome man. Welcome to the club!

Yeah it is! I carried today with the holster that came with my XD. It brings the suck so It will be nice when my Kholster gets here! Another update: My holster just shipped so i should have it in a couple days. Along with lots of jeep parts! :D Oh how UPS is gonna hate me! :D

Last edited:

victor 1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    The region
    Has anyone here recently applied for the lifetime license? How long did it take to get yours? I'm curious to know how long the current wait is because I was told 4-8 weeks, but then I read that it was 12-14.

It took 6 weeks for mine. Right after I called the ISP inquiring about the time, it came a few days later.:ar15:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom