• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Netranger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Lawrenceburg / SE Indiana
    Why would anyone take the paperwork, inked prints, snail-mail route? 10-15 days for electronic versus 3-4 or more months for paper??? I heard from a reliable source that they are giving more attention to the electronic method to move people AWAY from the older traditional method. Electronic was the way to go. I would recommend it to anyone. Just my humble opinion.

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Why would anyone take the paperwork, inked prints, snail-mail route? 10-15 days for electronic versus 3-4 or more months for paper??? I heard from a reliable source that they are giving more attention to the electronic method to move people AWAY from the older traditional method. Electronic was the way to go. I would recommend it to anyone. Just my humble opinion.
    Well, like I said, I was home and the sheriffs department was less than a half mile from the gun store. It was a convenience decision. Plus, it saved me $10 of inheritance money that I'll be able to put towards something else. Seeing as how the L-1 in Greenfield is only open one day a week, and the next closest one to the house was on the north side of Indy, it also saved me about $20 or so in gas. So, not only was it convenient, it was more economical for me.

Easy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Kokomo
    After I applied - it took 1.5 weeks to get my LTCH in the mail. Everything went perfectly smooth too - from L1 to dealing with my local PD.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I called today and got some good infomation.
    Basically, I was told that applications with fingerprint cards are "back-burner" apps, because the fingerprints have to be converted to electronic, whereas L-1 is already electronic.

Secondly, I was told that they are WAY behind because apparently, everyone got or bought a firearm for Christmas, thus they have a LOT of apps to process.

The lady I spoke with today said that she was personally working on physical applications (with fingerprint cards) received on January 12. If that's any indicator, without doing L-1 you could be looking at 8 weeks, easily.

So, this is good info to give you an idea on when your app might be processed. In the end, L-1 is the way to go.

Blog63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I applied for mine a week and a half ago. I got it back yesterday. So it took me like 10 days to get mine back. I also did my fingerprints electronically though.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I called today and got some good infomation.
    Basically, I was told that applications with fingerprint cards are "back-burner" apps, because the fingerprints have to be converted to electronic, whereas L-1 is already electronic.

Secondly, I was told that they are WAY behind because apparently, everyone got or bought a firearm for Christmas, thus they have a LOT of apps to process.

The lady I spoke with today said that she was personally working on physical applications (with fingerprint cards) received on January 12. If that's any indicator, without doing L-1 you could be looking at 8 weeks, easily.

So, this is good info to give you an idea on when your app might be processed. In the end, L-1 is the way to go.

Thanks for the heads up on that one. My GF is planning on getting hers soon, I will tell her to go the L1 route.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    My daughter filed the old fashioned way in Fishers (Hamilton County) and got hers back in 3 weeks.

My son filed the old fashioned way also and on the same week, but filed in Lawrence (Marion County) and he's still waiting after 7 weeks.................go figure?

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    I turned in all the appropriate lifetime LTCH ppwk and money, and got fingerprinted at the Madison Co. SD the "old fashioned way", on Jan 10. In yesterday's mail I received my ISP envelope, with the pink paper inside! Took just under 7 weeks, I was expecting 8 or more, so it could've been worse.

Carried IWB to church this morning in celebration! :draw:

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    The wifey is still waiting, not patiently either.

I looked at the closest location to me for the L1 and it is a KFC? What kind of operation is this? This is a Martinsville location.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The wifey is still waiting, not patiently either.

I looked at the closest location to me for the L1 and it is a KFC? What kind of operation is this? This is a Martinsville location.

I guess it is possible. L1 locations are franchises, sometimes run out of other businesses..

rby1rby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Delphi
    Prints on 1-24-12
    Background check 1-30-12
    Paid local fees 2-6-12
    Permit in the mail 2-10-12
    I didn't pay the extra $10 or do anything special
    Done my prints (L1) in Clinton county
    Paid my loals in Carroll county
    Prints were done at a YMCA

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Prints on 1-24-12
    Background check 1-30-12
    Paid local fees 2-6-12
    Permit in the mail 2-10-12
    I didn't pay the extra $10 or do anything special
    Done my prints (L1) in Clinton county
    Paid my loals in Carroll county
    Prints were done at a YMCA

If you did L-1 the extra ten bucks was included in the price you paid.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    I applied online on Feb 6th. Did the L-1 fingerprinting on the 13th and I had my card by Saturday the 18th. So worth the 10 bucks more! My Buddy sent his in seven weeks ago and just got his a week after I sent mine in. Go with the L-1! It only took like 5 mins at the location in Anderson.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I applied on line right after Thanksgiving time. First week in Dec I went to the Sheriff's station in Danville for finger print and payment. I was told 14 - 16 weeks. I did not do the electronic finger print because my neighbor got his without the electronic finger prints in 8 weeks. I've still not got mine yet.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I applied on line right after Thanksgiving time. First week in Dec I went to the Sheriff's station in Danville for finger print and payment. I was told 14 - 16 weeks. I did not do the electronic finger print because my neighbor got his without the electronic finger prints in 8 weeks. I've still not got mine yet.

You didn't do the L1 electronic fingerprints because your neighbour didn't either, and he got his in 8 weeks. But if you and him had both done the L1 you'd both would've probably got them in 2-4 weeks.

D'oh.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    Very true, I was in no hurry at the time and figured what the heck 8 weeks isn't that long and I wasn't going hunting any time soon. Not having it isn't going to stop me from using them if I had to for home or business protection. Live and learn...

Another neighbor applied for his with the electronic finger printing and it took him 5 weeks. So it seems to vary some. I know tell people to just go with the electronic finger print when asked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom