• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    I filed my online application on 10/7, got fingerprinted at L-1 off of Keystone Ave on 10/9, and finished up my local paperwork/payment downtown on 10/11 (Columbus Day). My LTCH (lifetime personal protect, no prior license) was issued 10/18 and arrived in the mail today, 10/20. L-1 is definitely worth it for the minimal additional cost ($11).

While completing my application downtown, the officer who took my paperwork (and thumb/index fingerprints) told me L-1 had filed my application as priority rush.

Home - L-1 Identity Solutions :yesway:

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Applied online and did the L1 thing on the 14th and visited the county sheriff on the 15th and the pink LTCH arrived today the 21st. It was issued on the 19th.
    As others have said it was worth the extra few dollars going the L1 route.

Last edited:

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    10-18-10 Read posts on INGO about Online Filing ... ( 2-3 hours / about 200 pages in )
    10-18-10 Applied Online ... (Electronic Payment State Fee) ... 20 minutes
    10-19-10 Fingerprinted at L-1 in Merrillville ... 10 minutes
    10-20-10 Merrillville PD paperwork/fee ... 10 minutes
    10-23-10 Pink Paper arrived ... Dated 10-21-10 ... postmarked 10-22-10

Only bottleneck was Merrillville PD only does LTCH permits on Wednesdays 1pm-3pm
    MPD has a instruction sheet with all the information including the Online Filing site and L-1

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hello,

EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW!!! Use the L1 Method. It took me 8 days to get my lifetime permit. I filed last Monday and just got it today (Tuesday):rockwoot:. Easy process! Filled out online application, went to L1 paid some money, then went to the City County building with a blank check filled out some paperwork saying I am sane, and now I am legal. Carried my gun in my car to get the thing laminated at the local UPS store!

Thanks,
    Matthew:rockwoot:

indytoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Phew!!! 11 weeks!

Got it!

Applied online on/about July 14th, I think, but didn't get downtown to pay the bribe and do the prints until August 11th. The gal who did my prints (a cheerful, uber-competent, slight-of-build gal maybe 55-60 y.o.) said 12 weeks.

Yesterday was the 11th week.

Would've been nice to have before the gun show, but too, it probably saved me a boatload of money.

Oh, and I didn't mention -- I'd been up at my sweetie's place NE of Fortville for most of the colder months, and only recently moved back to Irvington (Indy's east side), to rehab the ol' place for the two of us..... Not being able to carry legally was a huge weight -- I have had "reason to show" three times in the past 5 years, and two were in my own driveway. I feel a lot better, and a lot less irresponsible, now that security is "in hand."

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    My girlfriend applied for her Lifetime LTCH on Monday, Oct. 25th.
    She used the L1 fingerprinting and filed online. Visited local PD on same day (Marion County). She said the process couldn't have been any easier.
    Applied: 10/25/10
    Issued: 10/27/10
    Received: 10/29/10

Exactly 4 days!!! I swear by this new L1 thing they got goin' on. Well worth the extra 10 bucks and some change. :rockwoot:

Irish1218

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just completed the online app and scheduled an appointment at L-1 for tomorrow morning then on to the City County building. Will let you all know how long it takes for the paper to arrive.

n3v3rtrstamor0n

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    i just went 2day to get my ltch 1 day before my bday hope it comes before christmas anyways.will let you know how long it takes when it gets here..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom