• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PJSIII

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    South Bend
    No unfortunately not, all of my arrests are in 3 different countys. I expected a wait but not 7 months and to have it not even be sent to the isp makes me more frustrated than anything.

Do you or anyone else on this thread know the number or email to the senator or the aide? and how i would go about asking them for help with my problem?

PJSIII

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    South Bend
    So the officer who is in charge of the applications at my local PD just gave me a call back...he told me that he is denying my application because i have more than one alcohol related charge within so many years. He told me i can reapply in 5 years of my last offense(dec 2011) or i can appeal when i get the documents he is gonna send in the mail. Lets just say im not a happy camper right now..

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    So the officer who is in charge of the applications at my local PD just gave me a call back...he told me that he is denying my application because i have more than one alcohol related charge within so many years. He told me i can reapply in 5 years of my last offense(dec 2011) or i can appeal when i get the documents he is gonna send in the mail. Lets just say im not a happy camper right now..

He might have you ..........

IC 35-47-1-7
    "Proper person"
    Sec. 7. "Proper person" means a person who:
    (1) does not have a conviction for resisting law enforcement under IC 35-44.1-3-1 within five (5) years before the person applies for a license or permit under this chapter;
    (2) does not have a conviction for a crime for which the person could have been sentenced for more than one (1) year;
    (3) does not have a conviction for a crime of domestic violence (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-78), unless a court has restored the person's right to possess a firearm under IC 35-47-4-7;
    (4) is not prohibited by a court order from possessing a handgun;
    (5) does not have a record of being an alcohol or drug abuser as defined in this chapter;
    (6) does not have documented evidence which would give rise to a reasonable belief that the person has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct;
    (7) does not make a false statement of material fact on the person's application;
    (8) does not have a conviction for any crime involving an inability to safely handle a handgun;
    (9) does not have a conviction for violation of the provisions of this article within five (5) years of the person's application;
    (10) does not have an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act that would be a felony if committed by an adult, if the person applying for a license or permit under this chapter is less than twenty-three (23) years of age;
    (11) has not been involuntarily committed, other than a temporary commitment for observation or evaluation, to a mental institution by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority;
    (12) has not been the subject of a:
    (A) ninety (90) day commitment as a result of proceeding under IC 12-26-6; or
    (B) regular commitment under IC 12-26-7; or
    (13) has not been found by a court to be mentally incompetent, including being found:
    (A) not guilty by reason of insanity;
    (B) guilty but mentally ill; or
    (C) incompetent to stand trial.

IC 35-47-1-2
    "Alcohol abuser"
    Sec. 2. "Alcohol abuser" means an individual who has had two (2) or more alcohol related offenses, any one (1) of which resulted in conviction by a court or treatment in an alcohol abuse facility within three (3) years prior to the date of the application.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Still, I would appeal. All they can say is "no".

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    So my girlfriend applied at the beginning of the month, got fingerprinted (electronically) a week later, and finally paid the local PD on Wed. 1/15. Her pink paper came in the mail Tues 1/21. She was very happy and surprised at the 6 day turnaround.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    No need to now. I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!!!!!!! Not really but I just got off the phone with isp and it was issued on 1-17-14. No mail this weekend for MLK day so it should be here within a few days. Lady even gave me my license number so I'm in the clear!!!!! Only took 343 days!!! I'm pumped. So pumped. Lectric you owe me a friggin beer. I'll drive to Indy for that beer too. I'm in wayyy southern Indiana across the water from Louisville

Congrats! Only took a few hundred pages of this thread :):

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    You can add me to the long wait list. Been right at a year since I did fingerprints & paid my local PD. Got the BB notice a couple of months ago. I did call to find out why I was denied as I disclosed my 2 misdemeanors & after talking to the lady at the ISP it sounds like once I go to the hearing I should be ok. Sounds like they just needed more info per this lady. I go next Thurs. These charges are 20 years old. I just bought 2 handguns & had no problems getting Fed clearance. Been a very frustrating process.

suzgsxr1300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Noblesville
    I received my LTCH today, exactly 2 weeks to the day after visiting the LPD. During the past 2 weeks I've felt like Ralphie from A Christmas Story waiting for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. :):

slothbear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    Bloomington
    Got mine in the mail today! Did the L-1 Fingerprints and paid local fee on Dec. 30th. The License was issued on Jan. 21st. Now I'm heading off to make a few copies and do some laminating.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    I received my LTCH today, exactly 2 weeks to the day after visiting the LPD. During the past 2 weeks I've felt like Ralphie from A Christmas Story waiting for his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. :):

Got mine in the mail today! Did the L-1 Fingerprints and paid local fee on Dec. 30th. The License was issued on Jan. 21st. Now I'm heading off to make a few copies and do some laminating.

:thumbsup:

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Ok so I'm really starting to get Pissed again. License was issued on the 17th and it still isn't here??? FML. why me? ^^^ stuff like this dbag gets my blood boiling. 3 days, really? And I've been waiting all week panicky rushing to the mailbox after work everyday with high hopes and its never there. I broke 2 knuckles today on the mailbox (brick)after I saw no pink. Ruins my weekend...once again.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Can you imagine paying 140$ ish for something. Knowing it might take a few months. Then checking the mailbox every single day thinking its going to be there and its not still after a year? For all you noobs who haven't been around I have a clean record, 1 speeding ticket when I was 17 (o so bad), did electronic fingerprints on 1-29-13, and not a god dang thing to show of it but a few broken knuckles.

stranger danger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Did the mail not run early this week because of the snow or what? With the luck I have the mailman carrying my envelope ended up sliding into the river. Really wouldn't suprise me. My life has been horrible since applying. Being so mad every single day. Thanks ISP. For all of the nothing you've done right

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Can you imagine paying 140$ ish for something. Knowing it might take a few months. Then checking the mailbox every single day thinking its going to be there and its not still after a year? For all you noobs who haven't been around I have a clean record, 1 speeding ticket when I was 17 (o so bad), did electronic fingerprints on 1-29-13, and not a god dang thing to show of it but a few broken knuckles.

Ouch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom