• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I usually don’t carry locally unless I am riding the trail, going to the Laundromat with my niece or doing something gun related. But today has me rethinking this. I went to Goodwill today. I was minding my own business looking at junk. This guy came into the isle and we exchanged pleasantries because I may have been in his way. He was nice looking and dressed well so he didn’t immediately creep me out or concern me. He pretty much stayed behind me with the pretense of just looking to see what was on the shelves. As cluttered as the shelves are, this is a common practice. I even stand and stare sometimes, so I thought nothing of it.

Goodwill gets a lot of smart phone, IPod and other electronic accessories and they put them in baskets on the shelf. This requires bending and reaching to search for treasures. I was digging in the baskets not paying much attention to the guy. I happen to look back and he was repositioning or touching himself. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn’t think much of it. He kept making small talk with me. I still had my back to him. A couple more times I look back and his hands are again in impolite places and he was staring at me so I made sure to bend down instead of over. The final time it definitely appeared he was having way too much fun looking at me. I left the isle and he followed me to a different one and did this a couple times and tried to engage me in conversation again. I finally went to women’s clothing so he technically couldn’t follow me. He then left me alone.

This could have simply been a cultural misunderstanding but the guy creeped me out and made me uncomfortable. I would never have pulled a gun on him or acted in a threatening manner because I didn’t feel like I was in danger. I would have considered reaching for something on the top shelf to expose my gun if I were carrying though. Just to make him reconsider pursing me. He made me uncomfortable when he touched himself and then when he followed me. Hey guys let me give you some advice, if your junk itches get some cream or powder but don’t play with it while trying to talk to girls.

This shouldn’t matter but I will state it anyway. I am dressed very modest. I have on a v-neck T-shirt and capris. My clothes fit well but are not tight or revealing. I was showing no cleavage whatsoever. I did not encourage his creepy behavior.

About 3 weeks ago I was again in the same area of Goodwill and this guy kept talking to me trying to make small talk. I’m a friendly person so I made small talk with him, no big deal. I left the isle and he followed me to the next one I went to which wasn’t the next isle. Luckily one of my girlfriends called so I was telling her about the neat electronic pouches I had found and how I planned to put guns and bullets in them. The guy quit following me after that. :)

The junk isle is my favorite one so I shouldn’t have to avoid it just because the creeps seem to hang out there. I guess for starters I need to quit being so nice and talking to strangers.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    Screw Cultural Misunderstandings. Get a Purse with a Gun in it and be safe from Rape and Physical Harm. I babysit the nightmares that people are afraid of and they love talking about how easy it is to rape a woman... Get over the stigma and keep yourself safe instead of becoming a bathroom rape statistic. Cultural misunderstandings don't look like baboon cage at the zoo. Looking at you and touching himself is classic sexual predator stuff. The inmates love jerking off for all the female staff. Its a test to find your limits and you failed. You painted yourself a victim. Next time tell him you're married and go find somebody else to act as your husband if you don't want to carry locally. Remember that crime can happen in a corn field as easily as a public store.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I can not think of one culture where "I am creepily ogling you while touching my joy stick" meant anything that could be misunderstood.

Even in BunnyKid's world? :dunno:

I agree JG. I'm thankful that GG was able to diffuse the situation and nothing happened. Carry EVERYWHERE girl! We don't want to read about you in a thread here on INGO dangit!

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Screw Cultural Misunderstandings. Get a Purse with a Gun in it and be safe from Rape and Physical Harm. I babysit the nightmares that people are afraid of and they love talking about how easy it is to rape a woman... Get over the stigma and keep yourself safe.

Mine dont talk about it as much, but I have the same type of people.

Protect yourself!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm a guy and get creeped out at goodwill... Not to mention the people in the underwear section....

Creeped out as in the kind when I am the only one using a urinal and someone comes in and uses the one right next to me instead of the one 5 down.

Keep in mind a gun is a tool, one that has a use but does not solve all problems. I used to work outside in downtown for years at night and learned that situational awareness an learning to descretly and quietly leave or avoid an area is very effective. Just saying to many people only have one tool in their tool bag and it is a gun and one day that may come back to haunt them. It sounds like you have a few tools, kudos for beig alert, I have foun the longer you talk to a stranger the more likely they want to keep talking.... Again like the creepy people in bathrooms...

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'm a guy and get creeped out at goodwill... Not to mention the people in the underwear section....

Creeped out as in the kind when I am the only one using a urinal and someone comes in and uses the one right next to me instead of the one 5 down.

8637.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I would call an employee over and ask if they had any mace or pepper spray you could look at as there has been some guy following you around after work and you'd rather use that first instead of your gun. Poker rule: play the cards you want them to think you have

Also, if it's junk you want, shop on Craigslist where the people are at least screened by email confirmation ;)

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    I usually don’t carry locally unless I am riding the trail, going to the Laundromat with my niece or doing something gun related. But today has me rethinking this. I went to Goodwill today. I was minding my own business looking at junk. This guy came into the isle and we exchanged pleasantries because I may have been in his way. He was nice looking and dressed well so he didn’t immediately creep me out or concern me. He pretty much stayed behind me with the pretense of just looking to see what was on the shelves. As cluttered as the shelves are, this is a common practice. I even stand and stare sometimes, so I thought nothing of it.

Goodwill gets a lot of smart phone, IPod and other electronic accessories and they put them in baskets on the shelf. This requires bending and reaching to search for treasures. I was digging in the baskets not paying much attention to the guy. I happen to look back and he was repositioning or touching himself. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn’t think much of it. He kept making small talk with me. I still had my back to him. A couple more times I look back and his hands are again in impolite places and he was staring at me so I made sure to bend down instead of over. The final time it definitely appeared he was having way too much fun looking at me. I left the isle and he followed me to a different one and did this a couple times and tried to engage me in conversation again. I finally went to women’s clothing so he technically couldn’t follow me. He then left me alone.

This could have simply been a cultural misunderstanding but the guy creeped me out and made me uncomfortable. I would never have pulled a gun on him or acted in a threatening manner because I didn’t feel like I was in danger. I would have considered reaching for something on the top shelf to expose my gun if I were carrying though. Just to make him reconsider pursing me. He made me uncomfortable when he touched himself and then when he followed me. Hey guys let me give you some advice, if your junk itches get some cream or powder but don’t play with it while trying to talk to girls.

This shouldn’t matter but I will state it anyway. I am dressed very modest. I have on a v-neck T-shirt and capris. My clothes fit well but are not tight or revealing. I was showing no cleavage whatsoever. I did not encourage his creepy behavior.

About 3 weeks ago I was again in the same area of Goodwill and this guy kept talking to me trying to make small talk. I’m a friendly person so I made small talk with him, no big deal. I left the isle and he followed me to the next one I went to which wasn’t the next isle. Luckily one of my girlfriends called so I was telling her about the neat electronic pouches I had found and how I planned to put guns and bullets in them. The guy quit following me after that. :)

The junk isle is my favorite one so I shouldn’t have to avoid it just because the creeps seem to hang out there. I guess for starters I need to quit being so nice and talking to strangers.

You did go looking for "junk"...:D

Handled well but I would have notified an employee. He probably does that crap to little girls as well.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Don't worry about being rude. The worst case scenario if you're rude (and loud enough so other people can hear you) is you might hurt somebody's feelings who meant no harm. On the other hand, the worst case scenario for you being polite could be much worse.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    You need to carry everywhere. I have a gun on me or next to me almost all the time (can't carry at work). After awhile, it doesn't feel right to leave home without.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Just out of curiosity what is the thought process behind not carrying locally?

The usual, I don't go anywhere scary, I don't go to bad parts of town or associate with questionable people. I know it doesn't make sense. I carry when I go out of town. I carried earlier tonight when I rode the trail but I don't yet carry when I go shopping.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My question is, Why didn't you just take your cellphone, and dial 911, and say loud enough for him to hear YOU, I am in Goodwill, and I am being followed by some creepy guy, who keeps looking at me, and following me through the store, and if I feel threatened, I will use justifiable force to protect myself .....:twocents: JMHO .....:draw:

Top Bottom