• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    Well, I went out to help Crimson cut down some trees on Tuesday, and ended up finishing faster than we thought. So I broke out my lever gun in 357mag/38 special to try out some of the Privi 38 specials that I bought. They were 158gr lead round nose.
    We had a aluminum plate (roughtly 11"x7"x 1/8" in size) that we shot at with a 22 pistol the other week. We sat it out aproximatly 20 yards, shoved into the mud. I ended up firing 3 shots at it with only 1 penatrating. But it left some neat spent bullets. Note the smaller dents were from the 22's were fired from a pistol.

Here is the plate:
    DSC_0518.jpg

Here is the pic of the bullets that didn't penetrate the plate:
    DSC_0519.jpg

Here is a pic of the back side of the bullets (we thought they looked like lead flowers):
    DSC_0520.jpg

Here are the other side of the bullets that smacked the metal. Note the taller of the two partially penetrated the aluminum plate:
    DSC_0523.jpg

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    The first two photos had me confused ( easily done), the second two were cool.
    It'd be interesting to to see you try out different media... steel, copper, iron..etc and then mix up the ammo type... .45, .357 mag, 9mm

I wonder if the National Endowment for the Arts would donate $50 million to your radical artform? Yeeeeah RIGHT.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom