• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What are some of the crazy and lame excuses you have ever given a cop when you were pulled over for speeding? If you a cop what are some of the crazy and lame excuses you have heard?

This will be funny :laugh:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "I'm in a hurry to meet my friends; we're going downtown to watch the fireworks"

-Where are they?

*points at church parking lot* "Right over there...looking at us."

Written warning out of that one. Should've had a ticket. Made GREAT time coming from Bloomington to Greenwood, though.

-J-

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Well, lets just say I accidentally flipped off a cop once. Honestly, I had no idea it was a cop or the finger wouldn't have been displayed. Once I did that (and got past the Semi I was passing) he then pulled me over. He obviously wasn't happy and then asked why I was speeding. I told him that he was driving like a crazy person on my butt and I was scared for my life, so I sped up to get myself out of the sticky situation. He gave me a ticket. I took it to court and beat it.

This was before I had my daughter and I haven't since given anyone the one finger salute. Well, almost...there has been a time or two, I guess.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I was driving a refigereated van but the cooler didn't work. But I had the back loaded with nesquick. They had changed there formula to where it doesn't need to be cold. I got pulled over for doing 60 in a 45. I told the cop that my reefer went out and all this Nesquick was gonna go bad and he let me go. :D

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Cop: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
    Me: "Yes Sir, because I was going 90 in a 55."
    Cop: "Where are you heading in such a hury this evening?"
    Me: "To get home to check on my house, I got a call that it was on fire"
    Cop: "Can I see your license please?"
    Me: 'Yes Sir, I also want you to know I have a LTCH and I am armed."
    Cop: "Just don't touch it and we will both be okay, Do you know if everyone is alright"
    Me: "Yes everyone is fine, luckily nobody was home and the dogs were in the back yard"
    Cop: "I know you head is elsewhere but I need you to slow it down, best of luck with the house"
    Me: "Thank you sir"

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I had moved here from Colorado and was driving to work listening to Bob and Tom. I heard 'Prisoner of Love' for the first time and didn't notice the speed limit dropped 10mph because I was in shock. :)

I told the officer the truth and he let me off with a verbal.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Pulled over once... I'd just seen the cop pull through the intersection when I was stopped at the light. A block or two up, when I passed him 10-15 over the limit, I got the cherries and berries in my rear view.

I said bad words.

When he got to my window (I knew him and vice versa when I worked for the local EMS) and he asked, "what are you doing?", I looked up to my open window, hands on the wheel and said, in my best dumba** voice, "Be-in' a stoo-pid moh-ron"...

He replied, "Well, I just hadn't seen you in a while, so I pulled you over..." We made some small talk and I didn't get cited. Pretty cool. Good dumb excuses on both sides, I thought.

Blessings,
    Bill

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    i man up and tell the truth. if i get pulled over its because im late or because im doing something stupid on a back road.

the last time i was pulled over i was late for work. i was headed south on 37 and got clocked at 10 over. i got pulled over and as i was explaining to the ISP officer why i was going so fast he spotted my CAC badge and asked if i was enlisted. i told him i was a civilian employee of the Army, he told me to slow it down and let me go. he was actually a really cool person.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Telling the truth almost always results in a warning from me. A couple things that will absolutely result in you getting a ticket:

1. Saying you have to go poop, especially when you have passed 3 or 4 gas stations between where you started out and your destination.

2. Asking me "don't you have some real criminals to catch?"

3. Telling me you are too poor to afford a ticket as you smoke a cigarette that came from one of the 27 cartons in your back seat.

4. Telling me you pay my salary. My response: Thank you, this ticket will keep food on my table.

Those are just an example, there are many more.

dgiancola

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Lafayette area
    CALL ME OFFICER AND SIR AND TELL ME YOU KNEW YOU WERE SPEEDING AND DONT JERK ME AROUND...GETS THEM A WARNING EVERY TIME UNLESS THE SPEED WAS UNREASONABLE....IF I GET COMPLETE RESPECT THEN I PAY IT RIGHT BACK WITH ONLY A WARNING...

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I bet I know where this is going. :):

images

:popcorn:

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.
    I was going about 15 over the speed limit & got pulled over....the officer told he was close to the end of his shift. If could tell him an original excuse that he hadn't heard before he would let me go.
    I told him that my wife left me for a police officer two weeks ago & I thought he was trying to give her back.
    He laughed and said have a nice day!

Hey, I figured I'd do it before somebody beat me to it!

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Telling the truth almost always results in a warning from me. A couple things that will absolutely result in you getting a ticket:

1. Saying you have to go poop, especially when you have passed 3 or 4 gas stations between where you started out and your destination.

2. Asking me "don't you have some real criminals to catch?"

3. Telling me you are too poor to afford a ticket as you smoke a cigarette that came from one of the 27 cartons in your back seat.

4. Telling me you pay my salary. My response: Thank you, this ticket will keep food on my table.

Those are just an example, there are many more.

I wish I'd been pulled over by you. I have always been nothing but polite when pulled over, and have never received a warning.

Last time I got pulled over was when I had a headlight out, officer stopped me on the 1 mile drive back to my house. I got out with him, smacked the light and it came back on, apologized b/c I legitimately didn't know I had a headlight problem, and then he wrote me a 75 dollar ticket.

Thanked him and went on my way.

Of course, after that, I spaced ever paying the ticket and had to do the defensive driving video bs. :spend:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    first time I was ever pulled over it was for a headlight being out. As the officer came up to me and started talking (small town so I knew him) i happened to tell him he just popped my cherry. His face turned beat read then he told me he was going to give me a warning so if i got pulled over again for it since I was headed to work.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    Shortly after I first learned how to drive a stayed in Jamaica for a good while...where the roads are super narrow and maniacal drivers are the norm...first day back to states before acclimating to sane driving I got pulled over and I told the officer I just got back from Jamaica...I think I'm in cultural shock...warning issued.

No excuses. I can't think of a time I didn't deserve it.
    I'm surprised I don't get pulled over more actually...but I am surprised when they ask if I have any weapons on me..wahts up with dat?

Can anyone tell me if "a Policeman's Ball" or such a thing exists these days???

Top Bottom