• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    To make a long one shorter; what should I expect to pay for a box of 50? I used to shoot mine a lot, but 2009 hit and I was paying more for shells than gas!

I've got a few, 1911's and others, and I've decided they need to be shot now and again. Sources or stores you would recommend? Many thanks.

marrell1482

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    NWI
    I believe I saw precision reloads for $18.99 and federal white box for $24.99. Not positive though but it's around there at blythes in Valparaiso. Could be more or less at your lgs

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Sounds like you don't shoot much and just want to cycle the guns periodically. OK, just check out stores as you drive past them whenever and hope to get lucky. They may or may not have it in stock. But if its just target ammo I would expect to pay $25/box. I won't support the gouging going on right now.

An alternative would be to buy the components from a reloaded (brass, powder, primer and bullet) and he can "help" you reload them (do it for you). But doing it this way you meet a fellow shooter, have a good conversation and a basic understanding if the workings of reloading. It may even convince you to reload so that you can go shoot more often.

Oops, I would expect to pay $25 for the components to reload 100 rounds. That is being a little generous and taking into account for brass usage. And I would recommend supplying the reloaded with spent brass to help him out.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    During the last 6 months, I would say that 50 rounds of 45 (target/ball ammo) will run you $20 to $25. This represents the low end. Obviously, you may find it for higher, but in general 45 ACP costs around 40 cents per round.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Finally got my paws on some bullets, so last night I retooled and started running .45 auto. Got 250rds done, figure somewhere between 15-20c rd. Considering Cabela's has American eagle 100rd fmj at $54, I think I'm doin alright on the reloads

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Sounds like you don't shoot much and just want to cycle the guns periodically. OK, just check out stores as you drive past them whenever and hope to get lucky. They may or may not have it in stock. But if its just target ammo I would expect to pay $25/box. I won't support the gouging going on right now.

An alternative would be to buy the components from a reloaded (brass, powder, primer and bullet) and he can "help" you reload them (do it for you). But doing it this way you meet a fellow shooter, have a good conversation and a basic understanding if the workings of reloading. It may even convince you to reload so that you can go shoot more often.

Oops, I would expect to pay $25 for the components to reload 100 rounds. That is being a little generous and taking into account for brass usage. And I would recommend supplying the reloaded with spent brass to help him out.
    This^^^ I reload for a friend for free, with the agreement he buys all dies and components needed, lately I have been teaching him how to do it himself.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Reloading now at $.12 a round.

I think going rate is up to $.45 to $.55 a round for factory new and will remain that high for many months to come.

The new contracts get signed at 2014 SHOT Show in January, we should see prices drop then, but not before (I estimate).

Ammo prices forced me back into reloading. I am having a blast (yes, I meant that as a pun).:)

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Last I checked my reloads run from 10-12 cents per loaded round. Before all the crap happened I was buying Win white box of a hundred for thirty bucks when I needed the brass.

Top Bottom