• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It should be noted, I think companies that don't necessarily have a "policy" banning firearms, but have speciffic stores that do should be put on the list too (unless they list a state by state law requirement as their guideline, we can't help what other states do). Why support a company that will allow any of their locations to undermine our rights?

Read Theword

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I'd like to know what the consequences are for breaking this ban. Are we talking about being asked to leave or being arrested? Seeing as the definition of concealed is to keep (something) secret; prevent from being known or noticed, how will they know anyway? This is what I thought when I entered an establishment with such a notice on their doors.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd like to know what the consequences are for breaking this ban. Are we talking about being asked to leave or being arrested? Seeing as the definition of concealed is to keep (something) secret; prevent from being known or noticed, how will they know anyway? This is what I thought when I entered an establishment with such a notice on their doors.

It doesn't have the force of law as in you'll be arrested outright just for carrying there, but you're on private property. If they notice and tell you to leave, you have to, or you'll be considered trespassing, and can be charged for that. I don't worry about it, and if someone notices and wants to be a sphincter about it, oh well, I'll leave and not come back. Their loss.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It doesn't have the force of law as in you'll be arrested outright just for carrying there, but you're on private property. If they notice and tell you to leave, you have to, or you'll be considered trespassing, and can be charged for that. I don't worry about it, and if someone notices and wants to be a sphincter about it, oh well, I'll leave and not come back. Their loss.

This ^^

I just ignore any store and company policies regarding guns.
    I just dont carry if it's illegal by federal or state law.

If it's not illegal then it's legal.
    And of course "concealed means concealed". ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What is this "concealed" that you speak of?

:dunno:

It's for us guys that have little Glocks, we keep them concealed. :):

Studs like you with enormous Glocks usually like to open carry and brag about it. :rolleyes:

But we all know it's not about the size of the barrel or caliber size, it's how well you can shoot your gun. :laugh:

Sean

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Most of the signs are generic and don't meet any legal requirements anyways. They will ask you to leave and in the worst case they may inform you not to return in that case you will be arrested for trespassing if you return.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I have never seen a NO GUNS sign at a FEDEX customer service center. In fact I open carry into both of the ones in Indy on a regular basis. Why is FEDEX on your list?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    gunfree.jpg

That's the kind of sign I would like to see more often.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN

Corporations with anti gun policies typically donate to anti gun politicians, who then write anti gun legeslaton. The money they donate comes from profits made when a customer buys or uses their services. So essentially, concealed means concealed, but your money is in turn going to support anti gun legislators.

Which is why I have a issue with just ignore the sign and conceal. Maybe I read to much in the situation. Or maybe I'm just to lazy to conceal.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have never seen a NO GUNS sign at a FEDEX customer service center. In fact I open carry into both of the ones in Indy on a regular basis. Why is FEDEX on your list?

There was another thread that was asking for a list and people were posting locations they have seen the signs. The one that mentioned fedex I believe was in Muncie.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It should be noted, I think companies that don't necessarily have a "policy" banning firearms, but have speciffic stores that do should be put on the list too (unless they list a state by state law requirement as their guideline, we can't help what other states do). Why support a company that will allow any of their locations to undermine our rights?

Feel free to mark on the list those that do not ban at all locations. I'm just saying that if it is IN and they allow their locations to ban on a case by case basis, they will not be getting my money.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    This ^^

I just ignore any store and company policies regarding guns.
    I just dont carry if it's illegal by federal or state law.

If it's not illegal then it's legal.
    And of course "concealed means concealed". ;)

Some would argue that by ignoring store policy and buying things there, thus giving them your money, you are in fact supporting said policy. I'm not making any judgments, just telling you the facts, make your own choices.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    well I figure what they don't know wont hurt them and if they happen to notice some how and ask me to leave i'll do so with out an argument no need to get my self in trouble. but I will leave one of the cards with them from another thread

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Corporations with anti gun policies typically donate to anti gun politicians, who then write anti gun legeslaton. The money they donate comes from profits made when a customer buys or uses their services. So essentially, concealed means concealed, but your money is in turn going to support anti gun legislators.

Which is why I have a issue with just ignore the sign and conceal. Maybe I read to much in the situation. Or maybe I'm just to lazy to conceal.
    Don't assume all businesses ban because of their political beliefs. I'm sure some are frightened by the thought of a huge insurance claim if there is an "incident." Others are so busy trying to stay in business they couldn't afford to give to ANY politician or cause.

Top Bottom