• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I had a custom that any time I left a company, I would throw a little party and sponsor Pizzas delivered for the crew. All salaried managers were let go when the plant was sold, no notice, just temp security hired when we were to be walked out. The next Friday I had set up and had Pizzas and soft drinks delivered to not only my crew, but another managers crew that worked with us often. I sent a stack of letters through one of the hourly employees wishing them well and letting them know how much I enjoyed working with them. The New plant manager, installed by the new owners, had his lawyer send me a letter forbidding any more contact with "HIS" employees, and threatening to have me arrested for trespassing. ( I was never there after I was terminated.) I mailed him a picture of me and 6 of his employees at a biker event with a letter asking him if he would like to be notified the next time we met.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Unfortunately, where I work (for the next 3 months) they don't understand the concept of "knowledge transfer".
    Which is probably why they run so ragged.
    I know what you mean. I retired with 38 years experience in a very technical field, 5 as a manger of 37 people. Very High stress job as manager. We interviewed and selected a qualified replacement with ample time to train him. The powers that be did not hire him, had no one in time to do any training before I left. After I was gone they put a 20 something nephew of a VP in place who was a disaster. Gone in 6 months, replacement gone in a year, job now being done by the one they fired from the position when I replaced him.

Makes no sense. I would be grooming people to take over all the time.

Don

Top Bottom