CopperTect preservation gun sleeves/cases?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Has anyone seen, tried or even heard of these? It sounds interesting and I may give a couple a try. I never saw them before but there was an ad in the back of a Cheaper-Than-Dirt catalog that caught my eye. I can't find any reviews.

Thoughts?

CopperTect™ Preservation Cases

BIRCHWOOD CASEY has developed a premium line of gun cases and sleeves to protect your firearms like never before possible! COPPERTECT will preserve your fine firearms and shooting accessories for 20 years. No longer do you need to put your firearms in a case with a fabric liner that can retain moisture! Utilizing Corrosion Intercept®, a special copper proven to be the most effective means to stop and neutralize corrosive gases, COPPERTECT cases and sleeves are unsurpassed in long-lasting performance.
    COPPERTECT gun protection system prevents rust and blocks mildew. Its protection is so strong that it maintains effectiveness even if the liner becomes torn or ripped. This protection system erases any chance of oxidation and leaves no deposits or residue on your fine firearms.

Corrosion Intercept® has proven in laboratory testing to be up to 10 times more effective than traditional VCI's and other options. Traditional VCI's emit gases which can cause skin and eye irritation. Corrosion Intercept® is free of volatile chemicals and is environmentally friendly and recyclable.

COPPERTECT Gun Cases are made with a durable, non-absorbent 600D polyester exterior and 10mm of closed-cell foam padding inside making them waterproof and able to float up to a 12 lbs firearm.​

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well they are not expensive, about $12 & $15 for the sleeves for handgun and rifle. Silicone is only a couple bucks less.

The padded flotation cases are only about $15 more. That is about the same as a modest padded case and certainly cheap compared to the better brands.

Silicone socks work reasonably well but certainly have limitations, especially over time. I'm curious if anyone has tried these?

Top Bottom