• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Raw Video: Shootout with store robbers

I can't tell if the clerk has his own gun or takes one from the robbers in the scuffle. Looks like he gets pistol whipped a couple of times, then the video cuts to outside where it looks like a couple more robbers are coming in. Watch the guy pull his sleeves over his hands to open the door...no prints.

Just watched again. looks like the outside video is the same guys, just bad color correction on the camera making the clothes look different. If the clerk was a better shot, we would have had two less criminals. But he knew how to rack the slide though?

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I also find that the one handed, over-the-head sideways aim isn't very accurate.

Exactly but you can see there, when your life is in danger you simply don't think!

Notice how he was racking the slide multiple times, also the robbers were shooting backwards as they were running.

It seem as if you could keep your composure SOME HOW, maybe muscle memory - you have a HUGE advantage vs perps like this.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Depending on the caliber, I would of shot through the merchandise racks. Again, this is coming from someone sitting behind a computer.

JSeroka

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The guy was shooting his own gun. If you look at the guns the robbers had, they were both black on black, the manager was shooting a two-tone.

At least those robbers might think twice about robbing a store now

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I often wonder how many of these predators have actually fired a handgun before they commit crimes. I haven't seen any gangbangers at the range lately. I'm sure they often just expect their victims to submit and do what they are told. That looks like the case here because POS #1 walks toward the clerk with his weapon hanging at his side. When the clerk grabs for it, they don't shoot him, they jump him. Doesn't look like they were expecting the guy to defend himself OR that they wanted this kind of exchange.

Went to the range today so I got my practice in :D LEARN MUSCLES....LEARN!!!

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I also find that the one handed, over-the-head sideways aim isn't very accurate.

Yes, and don't forget the "thrust-pistol-like-sword" tactical moves- those are really difficult for the accuracy department.

After watching the video I'm actually surprised the headline didn't read "Convenient Store Shootout: Clerks and Perps OK, Seven By-Standers Dead!"

Glad the clerks made it out alright though.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    One of the robbers was picked up by Metro Nashville SWAT.

Convicted Robber/Parolee Charged in Lewis Street Robbery

Good for the cops!

You've gotta love whoever writes these reports, though. I mean really:

"the manager retrieved a handgun from his person and exchanged shots with the suspects. "

They couldn't just say he drew and fired at the robbers, rather than "retrieving a handgun from his person?"

I'd also venture that from the manager's point of view, those two thugs weren't "suspects" at all, since he was presently in the process of being robbed by them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At least those robbers might think twice about robbing a store now

Maybe, maybe not. If they are gang members (75% sure of it) their might be retaliation by the gang sometime in the future.

That guy is a B A D shot:noway:

He dropped his mag at 0:22. Fail.

Yes he is a bad shot and him dropping his mag is a fail and that may be because he has had very little time for training before. However I would not consider it a fail. He

1) survived
    2) was not a :sheep: and allow the wolf to do whatever they wanted with him
    3) will learn from this and be better prepared next time as he now has experience under his belt

Notice how quick the BGs were running out the door as soon as they knew the clerk had firepower. The play field was leveled at that point and the BGs quickly ran like the cowards that they are. There were 2 of them with guns vs only 1 of him. 2 professional solders could have dealt with the clerk but since luckly gangbangers are NOT professional soldiers the majority of the time as soon as you begin to fight back especially with the same tools they use they will run.

Good for the cops!

You've gotta love whoever writes these reports, though. I mean really:

"the manager retrieved a handgun from his person and exchanged shots with the suspects. "

They couldn't just say he drew and fired at the robbers, rather than "retrieving a handgun from his person?"

I'd also venture that from the manager's point of view, those two thugs weren't "suspects" at all, since he was presently in the process of being robbed by them.

For legal reasons it's "retrieving a handgun from his person" so that in court there is no confusion as to where the handgun started off. It could have been that the clerk had to go to the counter to get the handgun. Also not sure on the laws in TN but it could be that the clerk may have to have a permit/license to have the handgun on his person. The cop is not judge or jury but only a reporter of facts. Thus why the "odd english" in the reports.

Agree with who ever posted that he should of stock thru the merchandise stands the rounds would probably have gone thru. He took a big risk standing still and firing over the stands. Looking at the video a SG would have helped in such close quarters.

Doobie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The BG's have left the building and the clerk is still firing out the door. I would hate to be driving by the front of that store with rounds flying across the street. Talk about no thought or control of where his shots are going.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The BG's have left the building and the clerk is still firing out the door. I would hate to be driving by the front of that store with rounds flying across the street. Talk about no thought or control of where his shots are going.

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt when they were thinking they were about to die. Getting shot at sucks.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Those ole boys were having traction problems getting out that door. I guess they didn't want anything in that store after all.

Top Bottom