• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Predator hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    Greenwood
    I have a remington 700 .308 AAC with a bell and Carlson medalist stock. It currently has factory hinged floor plate and I'm want to convert it to detach box mags (AICS to be excact) and need someone with the skill and tools to modify the stock for the new bottom metal to fit.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have a remington 700 .308 AAC with a bell and Carlson medalist stock. It currently has factory hinged floor plate and I'm want to convert it to detach box mags (AICS to be excact) and need someone with the skill and tools to modify the stock for the new bottom metal to fit.

It can be done with a dremel tool.

If its something you dont want to tackle Highsmith guns is in your area, and shoot be able to take care of it.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I have done it a few times. I use a mill to take the bulk of the material out, then a dremel to polish the job off. It wouldnt be that hard to use a dremel for the whole job.

I have the Remington 700 AAC-SD 308 also and Ive read that there are quite a few DBM setups out there that can be used on R700 but the mags are not all interchangeable with one another and some of the mags are very expensive. Can a BDL DMB setup be used on the AAC-SD? The Remington mags are not too bad on price and can be had cheap if you watch for them on Ebay and Gunbroker.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I have the Remington 700 AAC-SD 308 also and Ive read that there are quite a few DBM setups out there that can be used on R700 but the mags are not all interchangeable with one another and some of the mags are very expensive. Can a BDL DMB setup be used on the AAC-SD? The Remington mags are not too bad on price and can be had cheap if you watch for them on Ebay and Gunbroker.

Outside of my area of experties sir.

Ive always used AI mags. They are expensive, but I have 3 guns that take AI mags so for 3 guns I own 4 total mags (2 10rd's, and 2 5 rd mags) So my total mag bill is roughly 300 bucks. Not bad for 3 guns, and if I get another gun I dont have to buy any mags. Basically yes they are expensive, but the versatility is worth it.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It looks like there is a dealer on Ebay that has the factory DMB setup (without mags) for $77-$80 each depending on finish and these are OEM Remington Parts so they take the factory Remington mags. Not too much to invest to get a DMB rifle going. For those that dont know....you have to distinguish between short and long action (SA/LA) and of course the .308 is a short action. Goto ebay and use the search term "Remington 700 DBM" to find the parts mentioned.

Top Bottom