• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Need some thoughts on ramifications of converting Polish Radom 9mm to 45acp. Currently I can't get two rounds in a row with out a stove piped. Someone at the Club suggested changing out the Barrel to a 45 and now I'm wondering if a 45 mag will also work. The barrel on the Radom looks alittle different from the 45. :):

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Need some thoughts on ramifications of converting Polish Radom 9mm to 45acp. Currently I can't get two rounds in a row with out a stove piped. Someone at the Club suggested changing out the Barrel to a 45 and now I'm wondering if a 45 mag will also work. The barrel on the Radom looks alittle different from the 45. :):

Have you tried new or different mags.? :dunno:

Many times mags. are the culprit. :yesway:

:cheers:

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I seriously doubt that you could find anything that would be a drop in to do this conversion. That would leave it up to having custom work done and it probably wouldn't be worth the money or time involved. :)

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I bought a new mag at the Indy gun show for my Radom but it didn't improve. I tried to take the spring out of the original mag but the bottom plate appears to have four tiny pins that secure it and they won't come out. The top piece is forged and will not come out like the 45 mags. So it looks like maybe I can use it for a fancy door stop and just go buy a 45 and race it up. But thanks for the tips.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I bought a new mag at the Indy gun show for my Radom but it didn't improve. I tried to take the spring out of the original mag but the bottom plate appears to have four tiny pins that secure it and they won't come out. The top piece is forged and will not come out like the 45 mags. So it looks like maybe I can use it for a fancy door stop and just go buy a 45 and race it up. But thanks for the tips.

Well...... I was going to suggest you throw a new extractor in there, but I see that they are over $50!!!! :eek:

Last "cheap" suggestion....... Have you done a detail clean and lube (paying close attention to the extractor's condition)?? :dunno:

CLICKY ----> Radom 35 Field Stripping-Assembly Disassembly in Guns World

Good luck regardless what you do!!!! :cheers:

Last edited:

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Just for an update I replaced the Recoil spring and the aux spring and now it works fine no more stove pipes and thanks for the tips.

gunner4564

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    PS. it would be much easier to convert it to 7.62x25 and then you could buy ammo for $120/ ~1200rds. :-) Be careful, its corrosive but nothing a few squrts of windex won't fix.

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Hey Gunner, you sparked some interest with your suggestion to convert to 7.62x25 I googled it and it looks like a beefy round. Are you saying to convert my Radom to that or go out and buy something that shoots 7.62x25?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Hey if you want to get rid of the old mag, contact me.

I had FTF on mine and so far, it looks like it was extractor clearance on the case rim. I filed the back of the extractor to move it forward a tad and can now cycle all rounds out of a mag without FTF. The way I caught that was that my snap caps cycled fine and checking the round, the rim was 1/2 as thick. Wonder if the older ammo case rim was thinner? Check the fit between the shell casing and the extractor.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I had one of those for a while years ago and it needed a new recoil spring to get going. All problems went away when I found an origional mag for it but it was expensive. That was 25 years ago, can't imagine what they run now.:)

Top Bottom