• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If you like a single-action gun, it might be a good way to go. Essentially, SIG took the old Colt Mustang design and gave it the GSR 1911 treatment. At the shop where I work part-time, we sell out of them on a regular basis, so folks seem to like them. No complaints about function or durability since the safety recall/upgrade shortly after they first came out.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I love mine. Nice and compact for easy concealment, but big enough for me to get a decent grip on. Heavy enough to make the recoil easily manageable, and actually pretty darn accurate! Plus, you gotta love the mini-1911 feel and function of it!

srcoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks to you all.

A 1911 was on my list for a quite a while, but after holding one decided it was a bit too big for my hands.

The P238 seems to be the next logical choice.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    A 1911 was on my list for a quite a while, but after holding one decided it was a bit too big for my hands.

Holding "one"? You do realize that there are dozens if not a hundred or more makes/models of 1911 style pistol available, right? Government (5"), Commander (4"), Officers (3.5") and Subcompact (3") for starters. Many have alloy frames for reduced weight, some can be had with slim-line grips to make them feel thinner in the hand, and Springfield even has a scaled-down 1911 called the EMP, chambered in 9mm and .40SW.

If you like the idea of that style of pistol, I suggest you do some more homework; I'm sure there's one out there that will feel "right" for you, without stepping down to the P238.

My :twocents:

Last edited:

srcoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    Holding "one"? You do realize that there are dozens if not a hundred or more makes/models of 1911 style pistol available, right? Government (5"), Commander (4"), Officers (3.5") and Subcompact (3") for starters. Many have alloy frames for reduced weight, some can be had with slim-line grips to make them feel thinner in the hand, and Springfield even has a scaled-down 1911 called the EMP, chambered in 9mm and .40SW.

I actually didn't know that, but I'll definitely be sure to look into all of the variations now that I'm informed. Thanks =]

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010

If you like the idea of that style of pistol, I suggest you do some more homework; I'm sure there's one out there that will feel "right" for you, without stepping down to the P238.

My :twocents:

I was tyoing out the same thing when I realized you already said what i was going to. Some good advice right there:twocents:

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Put another 200 rds through the P238 this past week. Mixture of ball and HP. No hickups at all. really nice small pistol to shoot. After 200 rds hand was not tired at all. conceals REAL good.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have one and love it. It's small enough to be carried in a jeans pocket with a Galco pocket holster, packs a decent punch and is nice to shoot. I run mine with a 12# spring and use a hot Corbon round (I'm not going to call it a +P though) and carry it everywhere I go. I just picked up a Don Hume OWB holster for it yesterday and it is completely invisible under an untucked t-shirt.

Top Bottom