• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    I purchased my first bow this season and I was wondering about the proper care in the off-season. Should I leave my bow set at the 65lb mark or should I tune it down a bit for storage? Most likely I'll keep it where it is and shoot continuously in the off season to prepare for next year but I was just wondering how you guys store your precious bows in the off season.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Try to keep it from extreme temperatures. Keep the string waxed. Don't do any bow smithing unless you are trained in it. Decreasing the lbs is easy, but don't do a take down unless you are trained.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    I was told to take it in to get the string removed if it's going to be stored for more than a few months, to take the pressure off the limbs. But I didn't see that in the article above. Does anyone else do that?
    I would never try it myself, my cousin tried to with a bench vise he rigged up and ended up breaking a limb, ha ha.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    Oh man that sucks for him, well hopefully I'll be able to do more shooting than I think between seasons just to stay sharp on my contact points etc. Thanks for the info guys!

z5843

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I just leave mine waxed up good and in climate control area or before you start shooting make sure it has had time to adjust to the temp where your shooting

Top Bottom