Not open for further replies.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    This is a list of the common acronyms and jargon used on INGO to help out people new to forums. Some of the acronyms used are more INGO specific, and I have seen many times where new users get confused due to some of the acronyms used.

BS - Bull S***
    DILIGAF - Does It Look Like I Give A F***
    FAFO - F*** Around; Find Out
    FATWO - F*** All The Way Off
    FFS - For F***'s Sake
    FIFY - Fixed It For You
    FTF - Face To Face
    FUBAR - F***ed Up Beyond All Recognition
    FUD: Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. A tactic used by the anti gun group to scare sheeple into getting behind their anti gun agenda. "If we allow constitutional carry, there will be literal blood in the streets!"
    Fudd (As in Elmer) - A hunter that doesnt care about gun rights legislation unless it infringes on his ability to hunt. (or target shoot. he typically doesnt EDC or own a MSR)
    FWIW - For What It's Worth
    GTFO - Get The F*** Out
    IANAL - I Am Not A Lawyer
    IBTL - In Before The Lock
    IDGAF - I Don't Give A F***
    IDK - I Don't Know
    IIRC - If I Remember Correctly
    IKR - I Know, Right?
    IMHO - In My Honest Opinion
    IMO - In My Opinion
    IRL - In Real Life
    LGS - Local Gun Shop
    LOFT - Lack Of F***ing Talent
    LOL - Laugh Out Loud
    LTCH - License To Carry Handgun
    MSR - Modern Sporting Rifle. Aka AR-15, AK, etc.
    OP - Original Post , Original Poster
    POI/POA - Point of Impact /Aim
    Purple Text - Indicates Sarcasm, Jokes, Non-Literal Banter
    QFT - Quoted For Truth, Quite F***ing True
    SMFH - Shake My Freaking Head
    SMH - Shake My Head
    SSS - Shoot, Shovel, Shut up
    T2BF- Trying To Be Funny
    TEOTWAWKI - The End Of The World As We Know It
    TGIF - Thank God It's Friday
    TL;DR - Too Long; Didn't Read
    WTAF - What The Actual F***
    WTF - What The F***
    YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary (This worked for me, it might not work for you)

INGO Specific References and Jargon

Denny'd - Named after a prominent member in INGO lore who has a tendency to offer factual and to the point explanations to discussions where the thread took a comedic or nonsensical direction about a given subject. One "Denny's" a post or thread by offering a serious response to a humorous discussion. Can also mean to debunk a belief by offering a fact nobody was aware of yet. "He was in jail because he was driving while black!" "Actually, he was pulled over for doing 80 in a 55 and found to have 5 outstanding warrants. [insert link to arrest record here]"

Runner - A non-Site Supporting new member who tries to bypass the 50 quality posts rule before access to the classifieds by posting very quick posts with no substance as fast as possible.

Shooter - Title typically placed in the banner of those who have lost the privilege of using INGO and have been banned off the platform. Some refer to the banning processed as being "Shooter'd", and to those banned as "Shooters". The "Shooter" status can be temporary or permanent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here's an idea, maybe there should be a thread that has a list of the common acronyms and jargon used on the forum, especially to help out people new to forums. Some of the acronyms used are more INGO specific, and I have seen many times where new users get confused due to some of the acronyms used. There are still a bunch that I don't know what they mean, or if someone did explain it, I forgot and can't find the post that explained it. Perhaps if we get enough, the mods could make this a sticky. I'll start with some that I do know (At least I think I know).

LOL - Laugh Out Loud
    SMH - Shake My Head
    SMFH - Shake My Freaking Head
    FTF - Face To Face
    IRL - In Real Life
    IBTL - In Before The Lock

That's all I could think of at the top of my head. The rest I still don't know what they mean. Hopefully more can be explained as members reply below.
    @Kirk Freeman is the one that really needs to compile a list. He is a prolific acronym user and I'm pretty sure nobody but him knows what they mean. Sometimes I think he wants it that way.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I'll try my best to consolidate new entries in the OP. This is INGO after all, so derailment is likely to occur somewhere. Awesome responses so far.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well... "Purple text" really isn't an acronym.
    No, but its an important point along the same lines. Like Acronyms, it is a way of expressing a feeling.

If we are making a list to help noobs understand what isnt spelled out, why wouldnt purple be on that list? Its not like its a standard practice. Its DEFINITELY an INGO thing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No, but its an important point along the same lines. Like Acronyms, it is a way of expressing a feeling.

If we are making a list to help noobs understand what isnt spelled out, why wouldnt purple be on that list? Its not like its a standard practice. Its DEFINITELY an INGO thing.
    True enough, but that's more of an INGO quirk. Like pineapple on pizza is an INGO quirk. Maybe we need an INGO quirks thread. :):

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Lpherr

Occupied

After joining INGO, I learned how to speak purple FTF.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom