• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    There is a big "Michael's" sign out in front. I'm not sure if it will be a sportsman's but that's the chatter....maybe an old rumor starting up again?

I'm reading it'll be Michael's, Five Below and Sportsman's Warehouse

Last edited:

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    These superstores clearly see central Indiana as a prime area to make profits. In another thread, I heard Academy Sports was going to open a store as well.
    What is the current big box competition now ? Cabelas/Bass Pro and Range ?
    Glad to see more options moving in around here.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    We need some competition for Cabelas in Noblesville for sure. A prime spot would be the old Marsh store on 116th Street in Carmel.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    Wife and I stopped into the Brownsburg store. Picked up a few fly fishing flies and a new can of pepper spray for her. At checkout they asked for my identification. I asked why and they said it is company policy if you buy dangerous weapons. They further said that prohibits Illinois residents from buying illegal products.

Pepper spray is not prohibited in Illinois. They also wanted to copy the information from my Indiana DL into the computer. I explained that I was from Indiana and showed them my DL, but would not hand it to him. The sale was refused.

In a world where personal information is shared and stolen indiscriminately, I simply refused to give my personal identification to buy an unregulated item. I won't be back. Horrible company policy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wife and I stopped into the Brownsburg store. Picked up a few fly fishing flies and a new can of pepper spray for her. At checkout they asked for my identification. I asked why and they said it is company policy if you buy dangerous weapons. They further said that prohibits Illinois residents from buying illegal products.

Pepper spray is not prohibited in Illinois. They also wanted to copy the information from my Indiana DL into the computer. I explained that I was from Indiana and showed them my DL, but would not hand it to him. The sale was refused.

In a world where personal information is shared and stolen indiscriminately, I simply refused to give my personal identification to buy an unregulated item. I won't be back. Horrible company policy.
    Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds like a store to scratch off my list.

I too work in IT. I know that 110% of the info on the front is embedded in the barcode. (there is a little more as I recall) I dont care if they SAY they arent storing it, they aint scanning it. The only* reason to FORCE the scan is to have the ability to capture that demographic info. You know why smart TVs are so expensive? The data they capture and send back about your habits with the device. The president of Vizio actually said the quiet part out loud. "We make so much money off selling your info, if we stopped we would have to increase the price of each TV by at least $200." (paraphrased) So tell me thats not what some of these stores are trying to do.

Unless it is for .gov interaction (voting, traffic stop, etc) you dont scan my ID. Period. Look at it. Type in the DOB, (or state as they claimed here) complete the transaction.

*They will say its to guarantee employees are putting the correct, truthful info into the system. So hire better staff. Your lack of trust is not my problem.

:ranton:

Top Bottom