• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I still haven't gotten one of these yet. As soon as everything calms down and I get settled into a new place & job then I'll have one of these, and a couple of others.

My list of next purchases in order are:

Shield 2.0 - 4" 9mm
    S&W 66 - 2.75"
    S&W 69 - 2.75"
    S&W 642 Pro
    Shield 2.0 - 4" 45acp

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Well it's on its way now, plus checkered walnut from altamont.
    Sorry for the late post folks, this was the final weekend of being a double-fisted homeowner and I haven't been able to be on INGO much, finally closing on the old house tomorrow.

cce1302 - I can't imagine you won't be anything but pleased with your new purchase, congratulations! Mine continues to be a favorite, so much so it's one of only two guns that I have in duplicate when I saw another at a good price. I ended up going with Altamont boot grips in rosewood that look/feel good and work very well. Still not one single malfunction to report.

F852Rwq.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Excellent, congrats on the sale of the house. It's a wonderful thing to buy a home; often it is better to sell one!!

.357 revolvers are my disease. this will be my 4th, and the 3rd S&W. I'll post pics of the family when they're all together.

It's disappointing that S&W put rubber on this from the factory, but I'm sure the new walnut will be fine. I had considered the boot size, but ended up with combat.

BTW, what holster does yours ride in? I'm not finding much of anything for 2.75" except the open-ended style.

These are what I'm looking at:
    https://www.kramerleather.com/collections/all/products/belt-scabbard

Don Hume H710 First Agent Belt Holster

https://1791gunleather.com/product/rvh2-k-frame-revolver-holster-up-to-6-inch-barrel-lengths/

https://www.galcogunleather.com/combat-master-belt-holster_8_4_1063.html

Any suggestions?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    .357 revolvers are my disease. this will be my 4th, and the 3rd S&W. I'll post pics of the family when they're all together.

Well said. I've mentioned many times before that as much as I love my CZs and Dan Wessons, I could seriously go to shooting nothing but wheel guns and live a perfectly happy life. Definitely post pics when you get a chance!

I'm afraid I'm not going to be any help with the holsters. I thought I might carry mine, and eventually I think I will, but it's a tick on the heavy side for AIWB the way I prefer to daily carry. Of the ones you listed, I like the looks of the RVH2 the best. I know these are stainless bead-blasted guns, but the RVH2 looks like it has the best "sweat shield" protection where it will be against your body. Post which one you land on and show a pic of the new 66 dressed up in it please!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Well said. I've mentioned many times before that as much as I love my CZs and Dan Wessons, I could seriously go to shooting nothing but wheel guns and live a perfectly happy life. Definitely post pics when you get a chance!

I'm afraid I'm not going to be any help with the holsters. I thought I might carry mine, and eventually I think I will, but it's a tick on the heavy side for AIWB the way I prefer to daily carry. Of the ones you listed, I like the looks of the RVH2 the best. I know these are stainless bead-blasted guns, but the RVH2 looks like it has the best "sweat shield" protection where it will be against your body. Post which one you land on and show a pic of the new 66 dressed up in it please!

I've been meaning to ask, how's the cleanup on these after a long range session? I've always found the matte stainless harder to clean than the polished.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've been meaning to ask, how's the cleanup on these after a long range session? I've always found the matte stainless harder to clean than the polished.
    You are not wrong. Pure stainless is much easier to clean than bead blasted, and those "lead away" cloths that wipe burn rings off the front of the cylinder like butter on stainless will polish off the bead blast finish. I've had pretty good luck using Flitz Bore Cleaner with a stiff nylon bristle brush, but over time this too will begin to polish away the bead blast finish on the cylinder face and around the forcing cone.

I've had ZX Tactical up in Noblesville re-blast a revolver before, and ended up with a better finish than the S&W factory bead blast. It's something I'll probably do again on my 66 over time, but until then, I'm OK with the pros and cons of a bead blasted finish. I do like the stainless look without the shiny glare.

Top Bottom