Colt New Frontier .22LR/.22Mag, thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    My LGS has a very clean Colt New Frontier .22LR/.22Mag 6" revolver with wood stocks with a silver Colt emblem. No box or paperwork but does have the .22Mag cylinder in the original yellow box. I think it's a 1976. I've seen many on GB with the plastic stocks but not very many with the wood stocks. Not sure if this one would be valued higher with the wood stocks and that it has both cylinders. They have it priced at $750.

I don't know much about them but have watched some reviews. I'm not really a SA revolver collector so don't know how prevalent they are. I don't have any other guns in .22Mag so don't have any experience there either. Sorry, no pictures to show.

Is this Colt a good deal, a sought after model or just a low-end Colt SA? It's a beautiful gun but one I could easily pass on also. Maybe I've answered my own questions already.

Thanks in advance for any comments or your experiences with this model.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It is not a python or diamondback. None the less I have seen them for sale from 700-2000 dollars. Big range in price.

The colt experts can chime in but I think there is a new frontier and a new frontier scout.

it will only gather cash from colt fans. Regular single action buyers will most likely go for the ruger single six offering

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    It is not a python or diamondback. None the less I have seen them for sale from 700-2000 dollars. Big range in price.

The colt experts can chime in but I think there is a new frontier and a new frontier scout.

it will only gather cash from colt fans. Regular single action buyers will most likely go for the ruger single six offering
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm gonna pass on this one...and you're right...it's not a Diamondback or a Python which are the types that interest me.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If you like the pistol and it sets for a while in the display make them an offer. Worst case they say no. best case your shoot it and really enjoy it and it was money well spent.

single action pistols like sporting clays style shotguns are seeing limited demand overall right now. Everyone is going “tac tic cool” right now.

I would say average price is around 900 but it is a limited market of buyers in that range for a single action 22.

picked up a couple browning over unders in a trade for tac tic cool items of late and since I know some browning collectors made some nice trades.

Top Bottom