Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I am hoping Colt does move (maybe to Indiana?) only then will these states realize what mistakes they are making legislating gun restrictions.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It'd be a major undertaking for them to move an entire plant and to do that kind of thing based solely on principle would really impress me. It's nice to see people considering these kinds of changes based on other motives than just $$. I'd love to drive past a Colt plant on my way into work!

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It'd be a major undertaking for them to move an entire plant and to do that kind of thing based solely on principle would really impress me. It's nice to see people considering these kinds of changes based on other motives than just $$. I'd love to drive past a Colt plant on my way into work!

With the Eastern Liberal tax environment, I'd think you could recoup those costs pretty quickly.

There's no shortage of skilled manufacturing labor in Indiana for that kind of thing. Shoot, some folks here might work there for free!

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    For a larger company such as this I'm sure it would start by opening an additional manufacturing facility somewhere else and establish it's roots there and gradually draw down operation at the old facility. It sure wouldn't be an overnight type of thing I'm sure.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    The Colts did it overnight. Colt could do it to. Never put it passed a pissed of American what they can get done and the want for the almighty dollar. This is a little tongue in Cheek but I think it could be done..

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    It would cost millions for Colt to move out of state, and the Colts moved out but did they move their stadium [factory] with them? How many of their employees [with families] would pull up stakes and move? Would they find enough qualified employees here to fill in the gap left by those who did not move? Over 600,000 job openings of various positions here in Indiana go unfilled due to the lack of qualified personnel. Typing a move and reality are apples and oranges.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Hell. I'd love to drive TO a Colt plant FOR work.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Why lay it on Mike Pence?

I've written to Magpul, Colt (and the other 9 gun-related manufacturers in CT) and strongly urged them to move to Indiana. I'd like to THINK my e-mail was part of that. E-mailing is EASY! Try it yourself!

There are P-L-E-N-T-Y of skilled enough workers right here in the Hoosier State that could fit in nicely with any gun-related manufacturing plant. We have good people here in Indiana. Hell, there's even '2 or 3' good folks still left in Gary!

Not hard to move at all, as far as a business goes. And it wouldn't, necessarily, have to be done "gradually", either.

So, my personal 'drive' is to get ALL the gun-related industries OUT of whack-job gun-hating States and have them move to Indiana!

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    It appears MAGPUL isn't the only company considering a move to a gun friendly state. If Colt where to move I think that would be significant and send a pretty strong message to these anti gun states that have been fortunate to have these companies for so long. Gov Mike Pence should be on the phone now lobbying for them.:)

Colt to bolt? Gun maker's boss says company feels unwelcome in Connecticut | Fox News

I think you have this wrong. The folks in CT will CELEBRATE the day Colt leaves town. They are "evil" remember?

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    It would cost millions for Colt to move out of state, and the Colts moved out but did they move their stadium [factory] with them? How many of their employees [with families] would pull up stakes and move? Would they find enough qualified employees here to fill in the gap left by those who did not move? Over 600,000 job openings of various positions here in Indiana go unfilled due to the lack of qualified personnel. Typing a move and reality are apples and oranges.

You can probably thank Obama and his welfare state mentality for a lot of this.:twocents:

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    I am hoping Colt does move (maybe to Indiana?) only then will these states realize what mistakes they are making legislating gun restrictions.

None of these companies will move to Indiana. We still have too many democrats on the books and our laws still aren't the best they could be. Don't get me wrong, we are a VERY gun friendly state, but still not as much so as others.

The amount of $$ it would take to relocate, these companies will be looking for decades of stability in whatever state they end up in. Texas or Montana come to mind.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Oh, I dunno...maybe because it's part of his job and why I voted for him was to continue to make Indiana business friendly and bring business to Indiana...

:yesway:Exactly! One of the Governors top responsibilities is ensuring the financial stability of this state and one of the most important aspects of this is job creation. Obviously the federal government is incapable of this task but fortunately we've had good governorship for the past 8+ years. To think that Colt would care what an ordinary citizen thinks is hilarious versus the voice of our state leadership which has the ability to provide financial incentives for relocation. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom