• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdwarr6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    What type of upper are you using, if its an Olympic upper / bolt it wont work with the rock river conversion kit.

With the olly upper you need to use full size ar-15 9mm mags, brownell's has them

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    The whole gun (except the Colt Model 6450 receiver) is a de-milled Colt SMG. So everything will be factory colt.

I am using Colt semi-auto fire control parts also.

I just don't want to drill the receiver for the 2 piece Colt mag blocks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I would see if the upper can be converted to the Olympic design. Colt tried to license and/or use the Olympic Arms design because it is the simplest and most reliable of the designs, doesn't require any mods to the lower either. Simply drop in a mag well block and your lower will take standard STEN magazines.

bdwarr6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    The whole gun (except the Colt Model 6450 receiver) is a de-milled Colt SMG. So everything will be factory colt.

I am using Colt semi-auto fire control parts also.

I just don't want to drill the receiver for the 2 piece Colt mag blocks.

I would buy that one from brownell's then, I have no first hand experience with a colt brand product but these will fit into a dpms, or POF lower with no problems. They have several ones that will fit the colt style mags. My step Father "Bass Pro" actually has an extra one that we bought and found out it wouldnt work if they are out of stock on any of those or he might work you a better deal

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I am building a SBR 9mm AR using a Colt 6450 receiver. It isn't currently pinned and I am wondering if I can use the two piece Colt blocks without them being pinned.

AFAIK, the Colt blocks are/were designed to be pinned in. Not sure what other securing mechanism they may or may not have.

The Rock River 1-pc block should also work, but you will have to change your bolt catch lever to the 5.56mm version. If you do that, you can also use any of the offerings from Hahn Precision, as well. Their Dedicated Block is, IMO, the best drop-in setup going if you don't plan to change calibers.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Buy the Hahn dedicated block and don't look back, it is worth every penny of its purchase price.

Find someone that has a C&R FFL and have them buy it thru Brownells, IIRC you can get a pretty substantial discount by doing it this way.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I would buy that one from brownell's then, I have no first hand experience with a colt brand product but these will fit into a dpms, or POF lower with no problems. They have several ones that will fit the colt style mags. My step Father "Bass Pro" actually has an extra one that we bought and found out it wouldnt work if they are out of stock on any of those or he might work you a better deal

I sent you a PM.

Top Bottom