• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Hey fellas, long time no see. Hope all are doing well.

I went to the bloomington gun show and picked up a nice 1903 and a colt .22 conversion. Cool! I thought. A real colt .22 conversion. Nice blue and everything.

Perhaps my money left my wallet faster than it should have though. As soon as I returned home a quick google showed me… many many variations.

SO! Someone school me on these conversions. Whats the difference? This ones paperwork says its a series 80 conversion.

Thank you kindly, and again. I hope all are doing well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      562.2 KB · Views: 23
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      438.6 KB · Views: 23

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    IIRC the series 80's were slightly different due to some safety, or something, on the slide, perhaps a Colt guy will respond. I'm hoping it is adaptable for your purposes...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It looks mismatched, you have an older conversion unit but those usually came in a brown Colt box, that plastic box was for a newer unit that usually had big white Colt lettering on it. Does that box have two different instruction booklets?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    It looks mismatched, you have an older conversion unit but those usually came in a brown Colt box, that plastic box was for a newer unit that usually had big white Colt lettering on it. Does that box have two different instruction booklets?
    YIKES!

Here is a photo the paper work that came in the box. Any info is useful. I planned to buyba frame and make it a permanent .22 at some point

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      539.2 KB · Views: 8

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    YIKES!

Here is a photo the paper work that came in the box. Any info is useful. I planned to buyba frame and make it a permanent .22 at some point
    Yeah, that's a box for a newer conversion unit, the one you have is an older original one. That manual that says series 80 on it is for a newer unit, I think the other instructions are the correct ones.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    YIKES!

Newer style unit:

One of the older versions but as you said they made different ones:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Yeah, that's a box for a newer conversion unit, the one you have is an older original one. That manual that says series 80 on it is for a newer unit, I think the other instructions are the correct ones.
    Ugh. I WAS hoping to use it. But also, as a side, itd hopefully gain value as a collectors item… seems i screwed the pooch.

I paid $650 on it. I appreciate the information. Always room to learn i suppose

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Ugh. I WAS hoping to use it. But also, as a side, itd hopefully gain value as a collectors item… seems i screwed the pooch.

I paid $650 on it. I appreciate the information. Always room to learn i suppose
    Why can't you use it? There's a lot of these out there, nice ones with the box are bringing around 450.00 so it likely won't have much collector value just go use it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Why can't you use it? There's a lot of these out there, nice ones with the box are bringing around 450.00 so it likely won't have much collector value just go use it.
    I emphasized the wrong word. My intention was and is to use it. I do feel silly burning 200 bucks.

Ill still try to find a frame and make a complete dedicated .22. A mistake was made.

“A fool and his money are soon parted”

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom