• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I need to update my printer for home office, not really looking for the type of thing that Best Buy has.

I currently have a Konica Bizhub c450 but would would like to have something smaller.

Wish list;
    • color laser
    • low cost per page (I bought low cost consumables on ebay for my c450 & c250 (when I had one of those) Have been paying about .01-.02 per page for color.
    • scan to email function
    • ADF
    • tcp ip
    • multi-drawers (not a have to have but would like)
    Any suggestions?

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We have a little HP MF277dw color laser. Got it a few years ago. Works pretty well, though drops from the wifi occasionally. Not sure of the current model number.

I think additional drawers are available.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    For most of the last decade, my wife and I were printing $40/page and up because inkjet and we printed so seldomly. By the time we needed to, the cartridges dried up. Budget friendly means differnet things to different people but I have a Canon Color Image Class MF642CDW that works fantastically and I think checks all your boxes but the last one. Low toner warning comes on WAY early though, it'll print 2x as many pages after the warning says it's out lol. WAY cheaper $/page than the inkjet we had.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    We have a little HP MF277dw color laser. Got it a few years ago. Works pretty well, though drops from the wifi occasionally. Not sure of the current model number.

I think additional drawers are available.
    We actually use these at work, and we print A LOT. The IT team keeps them running, but I dont think I've ever put in a help desk ticket for one that wasn't network related. Even then, we've had few problems.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Whatever you get , make sure you watch the used cartridges. I have a hp color laser @ a client and they use reman carts, they can be noisier for some reason. Also since no new chip they always say low/out of ink. The 400 series hp mfp is a little pricey, but rock solid.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Whatever you get , make sure you watch the used cartridges. I have a hp color laser @ a client and they use reman carts, they can be noisier for some reason. Also since no new chip they always say low/out of ink. The 400 series hp mfp is a little pricey, but rock solid.
    Thanks for the tip, I have always purchased OEM toners in the past. Seems the aftermarket has always had mixed reviews about causing issues.

Top Bottom