• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really? He wrote the book on how to be black. He writes for Trevor Noah.

D’oh, wait. Are you just being coy?

Yes, really. Being black, I really don't feel the need to read a book on how that works. Trevor Noah, I know, but only listen to him when someone posts his clips. I've never watched his show. So, back to the original question, has Baratunde said anything previously about his these protests? And given that you pointed out he writes for Noah, was this sarcasm?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    And people are triggered by this? This is "up in the grille of white folks?"

21onafs.jpg

Silly, isn't it. Kind of like when a bunch of people get their undies in a knot when another group of people gather wearing white bed sheets with pillow cases over their heads. Live and let live, am i right? Woops, am i correct?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Silly, isn't it. Kind of like when a bunch of people get their undies in a knot when another group of people gather wearing white bed sheets with pillow cases over their heads. Live and let live, am i right? Woops, am i correct?

No even worth a thoughtful response.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    No even worth a thoughtful response.

I know, right. Adults getting upset, over other adults running around in halloween costumes, and its not even halloween. You are right, it is not worth a thoughtful response. Yet, people do get upset over it, don't they?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know, right. Adults getting upset, over other adults running around in halloween costumes, and its not even halloween. You are right, it is not worth a thoughtful response. Yet, people do get upset over it, don't they?

You more than welcome to extol the virtues of the Klan. I'm not going to complain about it. Interestingly enough, and ironically, I doubt many more will either.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yeah, keep wondering why the kneeler in chief doesn't take his apparently formidable football talents, put together a consortium of his wealthy liberal SJW friends, and buy an NFL team which they can run in a sensitive, multi-cultural, non-plantation manner - thus giving us all a lesson in how things should be

I only see a couple of small problems. 1) Kap still wouldn't be good enough to start 2) The plan would require the wealthy SJWs to actually put up real money in place of lip-service 3) The need or desire for the enterprise to succeed might engender an attitude by management of requiring the employees to do what they are told, which could be interpreted as just as much a 'plantation' atmosphere as any other team 4) It would be tougher to blame any potential failure of the endeavor on racism

But hey, you'd think that Page, Brin, Zuckerberg, Oprah would leap at the chance to invest in a surefire moneymaker like that

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, really. Being black, I really don't feel the need to read a book on how that works. Trevor Noah, I know, but only listen to him when someone posts his clips. I've never watched his show. So, back to the original question, has Baratunde said anything previously about his these protests? And given that you pointed out he writes for Noah, was this sarcasm?

I have to admit I was having some fun with that.

So you're implying that Baratunde is being consistent when he admonished veep for politicizing a football game, because he equally applies the principle to Kaepernick. That about cover it?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have to admit I was having some fun with that.

So you're implying that Baratunde is being consistent when he admonished veep for politicizing a football game, because he equally applies the principle to Kaepernick. That about cover it?

No, I'm asking if there's proof that indicates otherwise, or is there an assumption at work here?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To be fair, it would be subtle but he could be attempting to mock the people who say a football game is the wrong vehicle for protest and then apparently do exactly that. IMO the barb misses the mark because the Pence protest itself was mocking the kneelers using their own chosen vehicle (for which the SJWs duly became upset for the admin.'s audacity)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, keep wondering why the kneeler in chief doesn't take his apparently formidable football talents, put together a consortium of his wealthy liberal SJW friends, and buy an NFL team which they can run in a sensitive, multi-cultural, non-plantation manner - thus giving us all a lesson in how things should be

I only see a couple of small problems. 1) Kap still wouldn't be good enough to start 2) The plan would require the wealthy SJWs to actually put up real money in place of lip-service 3) The need or desire for the enterprise to succeed might engender an attitude by management of requiring the employees to do what they are told, which could be interpreted as just as much a 'plantation' atmosphere as any other team 4) It would be tougher to blame any potential failure of the endeavor on racism

But hey, you'd think that Page, Brin, Zuckerberg, Oprah would leap at the chance to invest in a surefire moneymaker like that

1) if SJWs run things everyone gets to start.
    2) SJWs already have all the money.
    3) How incredibly capitalist of you to assume such things!

4) if SJWs run things it's never hard to blame everything on racism because unicorns.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, I'm asking if there's proof that indicates otherwise, or is there an assumption at work here?

I am having a difficult time finding the tweet where he admonished Kaepernick for politicizing a football game. Of course he's intellectually consistent. It has to be there. I'll keep looking.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To be fair, it would be subtle but he could be attempting to mock the people who say a football game is the wrong vehicle for protest and then apparently do exactly that. IMO the barb misses the mark because the Pence protest itself was mocking the kneelers using their own chosen vehicle (for which the SJWs duly became upset for the admin.'s audacity)

Oh. I'm sure that's what he's doing. He is predictably consistent.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    1) if SJWs run things everyone gets to start.
    2) SJWs already have all the money.
    3) How incredibly capitalist of you to assume such things!

4) if SJWs run things it's never hard to blame everything on racism because unicorns.

Mea Culpa! My Activity Tracker/White Priviledge Checker must be faulty as it gave no warning signal

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom