• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I have a few fun facts.

The Russian Embassy in Washington had a beacon for the nuclear missles to find the city. IF a war started, we would blow up the embassy to force the bombs off course.

Clinton Lost the Nuclear Codes for almost 6 months.

In 1976, we almost agreed to have a military base in Iran with nuclear weapons.

WE let them steal secrets that would waste resources and not help them out. We let them purchase bad titanium with additives that would make it crumble when it was machined.

Several Russian subs had items placed on them by Navy Seals to help locate them. The Russian navy went crazy trying to figure out how they did it. They would find them during routine inspections or in dry dock. Some of them had funny slogans on them.

A massive drill with Nato in 1982 was so realistic to the Russians they almost started WWIII.

There still are two large Russian objects in space they have never told us what they are.

One of the reasons for all the poor quality Russian gear were some of the top engineers were double agents.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    There still are two large Russian objects in space they have never told us what they are.

One of the reasons for all the poor quality Russian gear were some of the top engineers were double agents.

1:Now I want to know what those objects are!

and 2: That explains so much.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    A massive drill with Nato in 1982 was so realistic to the Russians they almost started WWIII.

There was a good documentary on that on either Discovery or The Military channel about a month ago. Sounds like it pretty much had them convinced we were attacking. There were a lot of other coincidental things going on at the time that added to their concern as well.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    I have a few fun facts.

The Russian Embassy in Washington had a beacon for the nuclear missles to find the city. IF a war started, we would blow up the embassy to force the bombs off course.

Clinton Lost the Nuclear Codes for almost 6 months.

In 1976, we almost agreed to have a military base in Iran with nuclear weapons.

WE let them steal secrets that would waste resources and not help them out. We let them purchase bad titanium with additives that would make it crumble when it was machined.

Several Russian subs had items placed on them by Navy Seals to help locate them. The Russian navy went crazy trying to figure out how they did it. They would find them during routine inspections or in dry dock. Some of them had funny slogans on them.

any more info on the objects in space?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I didn't know we had tracking devices on their subs, that's delightful. At least one of our subs was able to open a port while submerged, and we were able to use that to place recording devices on a couple of their communication cables. I'd have to do some digging to find the book I read about that stuff.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    You forgot the time one of our spy subs was discovered by the Russian navy on manuevers and they could not elude them. After a few hours/days the sub had to surface and they thought they would be prisoners but the Russian commander told them thanks for the practice and let them leave back to international waters.

I'll try to find a link later.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    That would be the one. My memory for names and titles is spotty at best, thank you.
    If you liked that one these are pretty good as well.
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Red-Star-Rogue-Submarines-Nuclear/dp/0743261127]Red Star Rogue: The Untold Story of a Soviet Submarine's Nuclear Strike Attempt on the U.S.: Kenneth Sewell,Clint Richmond: 9780743261128: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1439104549/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0743261127&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05KWXJHKT4JHH05MX3X1]All Hands Down: The True Story of the Soviet Attack on the USS Scorpion: Kenneth Sewell,Jerome Preisler: 9781439104545: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Top Bottom