• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    Oh yeah, 4.7 of WST is one of my favorite loads. Very accurate and easy to shoot. WST is the replacement for WW 452AA which was the absolute best .45 powder I've ever seen. Bullseye is a great .45 powder if you don't mind the powder residue.

The folks out at Profire told me Titegroup is the same as WST. I haven't used any yet as I'm still working through my WST, but just as a heads up as its been tough to find lately.

If WST is the same as 452AA, the Titegroup can't be the same as WST, or vice versa. I recently bought a 3 pound can of 452AA, old stuff I know, and its not the same as Titegroup. Slightly different color and meters different. Not trying to say anyone is wrong, just my experience. Just my 2 cents...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If WST is the same as 452AA, the Titegroup can't be the same as WST, or vice versa. I recently bought a 3 pound can of 452AA, old stuff I know, and its not the same as Titegroup. Slightly different color and meters different. Not trying to say anyone is wrong, just my experience. Just my 2 cents...

It doesn't appear to be an exact match, but pretty close:

Load recommendations per Hodgdon's website for .45 ACP 230 FMJ is within .1 grain, though.

4.4-4.8 for Titegroup
    4.1-4.9 for WST

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    The folks out at Profire told me Titegroup is the same as WST. I haven't used any yet as I'm still working through my WST, but just as a heads up as its been tough to find lately.

Titegroup and WST are totally different powders. WST is reverse tempature sensitive. Colder it is outside the hotter it burns. Titegroup tends to burn slower the colder it gets outside.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Titegroup and WST are totally different powders. WST is reverse tempature sensitive. Colder it is outside the hotter it burns. Titegroup tends to burn slower the colder it gets outside.

How much difference does it make? Not being snarky, I've just never really noticed any difference in my WST shooting in the winter vs the summer and am curious. FPS difference?

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    How much difference does it make? Not being snarky, I've just never really noticed any difference in my WST shooting in the winter vs the summer and am curious. FPS difference?

My 200gr SWC load with 4.8gr of WST would average around 870fps in 70-90 degree weather. Same load in 25-45 degree weather would average 925fps-960fps.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Noticed that this past weekend. What powder would you suggest for lead to reduce the smoke?
    Any powder with lead bullets will have some smoke. The smoke comes from the powder burning the lube off the cast lead bullet. Titegroup is a very HOT fast burning powder and tends to smoke worse then other powders. I use coated lead bullets from Black Bullets International and W231/HP-38 powder for all my pistol caliber reloads and have noticed barely any smoke both indoors and outdoors.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not a factory load. But I just got done loading 200 gr xtreme plated over 4.2 grains of Clays. They chronographed at 793 - 837 fps. Some of that is due to a little bit of fluctuation with my Lee autodisk powder measure. Not really a major power load but they were very light recoil. Only mentioning tis because my dad gave me a partial bottle of powder to use up. The bullets were a Christmas gift. Pretty cool loading up 500 45 acp with free bullets and powder. Should make for some good plinking rounds for the kids.

legends4b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    jeffersonville
    I like IMR sr4756.. 7.2 gn = 850fps not bad recoil out of a Taurus 1911 .although I was told IMR is going to stop making this powder ..the last pound I bought was 31.00 ouch.

Top Bottom