Clermont Village (MORE Brownsburg rezoning)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I haven't found anything on it other than the petition, at least on line. However that doesn't mean much. I just did a few quick google searches.

I used to play that golf course occasionally when I was in high school. @Cameramonkey and I have a friend who's parents lived near that golf course when we were in high school too.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    As far as I know it is a real thing.

I know there are a couple of ponds on that property so the water table has to be pretty high. I know too that the area has drainage issues but I'm assuming that any developer would know how to deal with that before building homes and a school and dorms.

This property is also straight north of the end of the drag strip at IRP. When the cars are running it sounds like they are running right through you house (I knew someone who lived between this and IRP and was there when they ran top fuel. Scared the living crap out of me the first time I heard it.)

Anyone who buys a house there will get what they deserve!

indytiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    IMO, whiners needing to whine.
    I live in Clermont, that whole area is going warehouse and business park. Trying to be focused on racing.
    Already have many drag company's like John Force and others.

Like it or NOT, it is being developed. These whiners are way behind if stopping this project is the intention.
    First, compared to many other business this is clean.

I've watched hundreds if not thousand of acres stop being farm land is now either a sub division of homes or warehouses.

I pay property taxes, they will sooner or later I hope. Water shed, KMA.
    How about food you Id10t#@#$Q$%&#E$%^ The land used to not only suck water it feed people and in some cases made a fuel causing more Co2 than it saves not using gas. So fail, no food, no water being sucked by the land and the only issue is run off.

Run off is the only issue you see.

This person canceled my vote. ARGHHHH, in just about every election. Psst,, bet they are also wearing a mask, in own home with no one else there. How do I know, while driving, I don't think I've not found at least one car, van etc. Driver in a mask (covid) and no one else in car.

Gun deals, news and once in a while stuff like this. Amazing, simply amazing.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    As far as I know it is a real thing.

I know there are a couple of ponds on that property so the water table has to be pretty high. I know too that the area has drainage issues but I'm assuming that any developer would know how to deal with that before building homes and a school and dorms.

This property is also straight north of the end of the drag strip at IRP. When the cars are running it sounds like they are running right through you house (I knew someone who lived between this and IRP and was there when they ran top fuel. Scared the living crap out of me the first time I heard it.)

Anyone who buys a house there will get what they deserve!
    Back in the 80s, some developer bought a chunk of land and started building houses. Problem was, the land he bought bumped right against the property line of a large, very active rock quarry. All of us locals knew it was going to be an issue, but the houses were built and people bought them.

Within a month or so of the first residents moving in, there was a sob story in the local newspaper about how these homeowners were being bothered by the blasting and tri-axles rumbling by all day and night.

I guess the houses are still there, but I know for a fact the quarry is still a hoppin place.

Top Bottom