• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    I just saw on the news a class action suit for all 12000 fair attendee's , What a joke , the people that were injured or died I feel sorry for and their families but a class action suit for all attendee's come on what is wrong with society today ?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh that's just wrong. The only ones in danger were right in front of the stage, and there was no reason to expect even that. That's what insurance is for. This is just some lawyers looking to score in the lawsuit lottery.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Oh that's just wrong. The only ones in danger were right in front of the stage, and there was no reason to expect even that. That's what insurance is for. This is just some lawyers looking to score in the lawsuit lottery.
    i agree with that 200% alot of these people would have never of thought about suing untill some lawyer said they should

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I agree that the State Fair should make things right for the people and families directly involved, but this is crazy. Just a sign that our civilization is falling apart. I missed a concert and was inconvenienced and scared and traumatized. Stop being selfish and help the ones were actually affected.

Bflo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    The suit was filed. That doesn't mean that everyone will actually be a part of the class, if it is even granted.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Most people do not understand that they will get almost nothing from a class action suit. The lawyers will get the largest part of the settlement.

Remember the class action on the Chevy gas tanks a few years ago? I had two of the trucks. Was not asked to be a part of the class action was automatically added because of my name on the title at the time.

I was sent one part of a two part paper for so much off if I bought a new truck. I never got the second part of the deal. Tryed to call the number they said to use if any questions and it was just a recording that told you nothing. My neighbor was in the same boat, she got only one paper and never got the other either. Called that number for a couple months, same message then suddenly it was no longer in service.

Just a rip off for everyone but the lawyers. And people wonder why I dislike most lawyers.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I just heard this stupidity on the radio, some lady is a part of the suit but she was not one of the injured she just has flashbacks and anxiety attacks what a crock of crap. someone needs to drop a beam on her head.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    There is a limited pot of money. I think the news said liability for the fairgrounds is limited by state law (just checked $700k per person, $5M total). Other parties will be limited by their insurance and personal assets. So all this stupid crap will be taking money out of the pockets of those that really deserve it.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    There is a limited pot of money. I think the news said liability for the fairgrounds is limited by state law (just checked $700k per person, $5M total). Other parties will be limited by their insurance and personal assets. So all this stupid crap will be taking money out of the pockets of those that really deserve it.

so once the lawyers get their share everyone will get a check for $3 and the people who really need it will be left in the lurch.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It would be awesome to see a law in this country that would penalize frivolous lawsuits. A law that would automatically award the amount being sued for to those being sued, once a lawsuit had been determined to be without merit by a judge. That would pretty much kill this kind of moneygrubbing lawsuit before it even got started IMO. Who would want to be held responsible for having to pay $$ out of their own pockets if they knew beforehand that their lawsuit was just a tactic to get someone to settle out of court even though the actual suit was worthless in the first place??? Of course, the big "problem" with such a law is that it would risk putting thousands of ambulance-chasing lawyers out of business--oh the horrors!!!

I have a great deal of sympathy for those injured or killed--and of course for their families and loved ones. I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone else that might want to jump on the class action bandwagon. Greed. Pure and simple. Something for nothing. :xmad:

:twocents:

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I agree that the State Fair should make things right for the people and families directly involved, but this is crazy. Just a sign that our civilization is falling apart. I missed a concert and was inconvenienced and scared and traumatized. Stop being selfish and help the ones were actually affected.
    How do they make things right? The State Fair was in no way responsible for this. It was an act of God. The Fair doesnt control the weather. Hopefully these lawyers get a judge with some common sense and tells them all to **** up a rope.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    How do they make things right? The State Fair was in no way responsible for this. It was an act of God. The Fair doesnt control the weather. Hopefully these lawyers get a judge with some common sense and tells them all to **** up a rope.
    Poor choice of words on my part. I apologize. I will leave the rest of my opinion out of it.

With the exception of "we hate lawyers". I feel "we hate unethical ambulance chasing greed stricken lawyers" fits a little better.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I believe I heard where Brizzi is or has filed a tort for future law suits. Please correct if that is not the proper vocabulary.

Top Bottom