• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Undisclosed Location
    Clark County jury finds Yalanda Parrish guilty Faces six to 20 years in prison

By MATT THACKER
    Matt.Thacker@newsandtribune.com

A Clark County jury on Friday found Yalanda Parrish guilty on one count of class B felony aggravated battery and one count of class C felony criminal recklessness stemming from what police say was a July 2008 road rage incident which left a man shot in the chest.

Parrish’s sentencing has been set for Aug. 18. She faces six to 20 years in prison.

The jury, comprised of eight women and four men, deliberated for less than three hours.

Parrish, 39, of Jeffersonville, shot Wesley Mosier Jr., 54, of Corydon, on 10th Street at the intersection with Allison Lane. She claimed she shot Mosier in self-defense after he got off the motorcycle he was riding and approached the window of her SUV.

Check in Saturday’s Evening News and Tribune for more details.

The News and Tribune - Clark County jury finds Yalanda Parrish guilty

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Thanks for the follow-up.
    Very good 1st post, WELCOME!
    I remember this from a Looooong time back, had even forgot about it!

Kinda the way I thought it would end up at the time it happened.
    As Forest Gump would say, "She' not a very smart women"!

ian2000gsxr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2008
    Mooresville
    glad she was found guilty. i remember this story and always wondered what happened

also im curious what happened to her son...as i recall he was kicking this man while he was laying on the ground after he was shot

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I think she got what was fair IMO. However, I have limited knowledge of the situation. I do go down 10th st occasionally, and there are some rough places, but allison lane is not usually one of them. I do hate to see someone who is legitimate in defending themselves get charged, but I never felt that was the case in this one. And her son kicking and yelling at the injured man couldn't have helped.

Top Bottom