• BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    How about Bullseye?

I have a pound of that I bought a while ago and I'm in a very similar situation as the OP. Same press too.
    Alliant Bullseye is one of the most versatile powders for pistol, especially for moderate loads. It meters very well and isn't temperature sensitive. IMHO, people who worry about the volume of the powder being a safety issue (double-charging) are focusing on something to save them from issues, when they just need to be alert and focused during the reloading process. When you get tired or bored, you need to take a break or quit for the day. Choosing a powder can also depend on what kind of bullet you are going to load, i.e. jacketed, plated or lead. I load some of my 115 gr. FMJ 9mm bullets using Power Pistol, but that is when I want to load to high velocity.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Little bit of a run for you, but Kimbal at Bobcat Steel/Armament is a good man to know for all your reloading needs, including advice. Even though he is a distance away, he is a lot more "local" than Cabelas. INGO advertiser too. Bobcat Steel :ingo:

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Several people have now mentioned them, do they have a website for the reloading items they sell (the only one that came up in google is for the AR500 targets)?

Last edited:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Several people have now mentioned them, do they have a website for the reloading items they sell (the only one that came up in google is for the AR500 targets)?

I don't think they do. I tried looking for it as well, they are called "Bobcat Armament" rather than "Bobcat Steel", and he does have a Facebook page.

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    OK, thanks. I plan on going to the Marion County show this weekend, do they do tables there? If not, I may see about swinging down to Shelbyville afterwards since I'll be on that side of town.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I always call in my order and meetup at MCFG's Friday Night Steel. Bobcat that is, he shoots FNS and so if you shoot or near MCFG it's not much of a drive.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    OK, thanks. I plan on going to the Marion County show this weekend, do they do tables there? If not, I may see about swinging down to Shelbyville afterwards since I'll be on that side of town.

Regardless of if they set up at the Marion County show, I'm sure there will be people with powder there. Most of the small shows have 1 to 3 people selling powder at reasonable prices and definitely cheaper than Bass Pro or Gander Mountain.

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, I'm going to be pricing out buying some bulk 9mm RN for plinking, and possibly some .223 bullets and some H-335 just to stock up for when I'm ready to start loading those as well. I like the slightly smaller shows over the big 1500 personally, usually seems like there's just as much variety, just not the same quantity.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Yeah, I'm going to be pricing out buying some bulk 9mm RN for plinking, and possibly some .223 bullets and some H-335 just to stock up for when I'm ready to start loading those as well. I like the slightly smaller shows over the big 1500 personally, usually seems like there's just as much variety, just not the same quantity.

dardascastbullets.com

I just ordered 2000 bullets. Cost was around $14 for the shipping. So far what I have loaded, they are very high quality. If cast boolits are an option.

Top Bottom