• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I was expecting him to use the 460S&W, 454 Casull, 45 Colt example, but that may have just made the topic even more confusing.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Trying to learn about some of this stuff i've never used. Never really got into over spending for the difference nt types of ammo. Usally just buy the cheap. fmj stuff. Rifle and handgun ammo seems to be 2 separate worlds. I'm sure this is debatable but ur not shooting long distance with a handgun.
    Speak for yourself!
    Just kidding, kind of.

A couple of years back I picked up a used Magnum Research Desert Eagle in .44mag.
    I was talking to one of my customers who also had one. He started telling me abot how he had taken an Indiana whitetail with his Desert eagle from 150 yards.
    Needless to say, I was skeptical. I took my Deagle to the range.
    From a 100 yard bench, with a pistol rest and a 4x scope, I printed 2 different 5 shot groups that were sub 2" each.
    This was my first attempt at 100 yards with a 6" barrel, and I was MORE than just happy with the results.

I also have a Savage Striker bolt-action "pistol" in .308 Winchester and it has a 16" barrel.
    I'm quite sure it will reach out and touch something.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Apparently channel taken down for "firearms advertising" under Google's AdSense rules, not YouTube rules.

Happened shortly after a Remington video was uploaded.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Can you elaborate on the consequences of this? I don't understand how Google controls YouTube content.

Google owns YouTube :)

Google AdSense gets advertisements into YouTube videos for YouTube Partner channels (like Hickok). It's how he makes his money (he was able to quit his job on YouTube income).

Either he broke an advertising rule with his latest Remington video, or the video/channel was falsely reported until it was automatically taken down.

I think all reports like this should have a real person make the decision, but unfortunately many channels are taken down by activists all the time. Much like getting someone on Twitter or Facebook blocked/banned temporarily.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    That REALLY sucks...I just watched several of his videos yesterday.

ETA - It looks like they have already corrected this and restored the Hickock45 Youtube channel.

Top Bottom