• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbrowntki

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Anyone know of reputable chocolate lab breeders preferably within 100 miles of West Indy?

I would like one that would be able to be trained to hunt, but my guess is that it would become the family dog and be as useless hunting as the rest of the family.

Thanks for the input.

Dennis

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Please look at LOLIN.org (Love of Labs, Indiana)

They are a Lab rescue that my wife and I volunteer for. They pull labs from shelters all across Indiana and the midwest.

I hunted with labs when I was growing up, and was sort of a "purebred snob", wanting nothing to do with a lab that didn't have "papers". My wife talked me into checking out this rescue and saving a dog instead of buying one from a breeder or mill. (Not that there is anything wrong with many breeders, she just wanted to save a dog's life.)

The rescue will work with you and your family finding the right dog for you, and the right family for the dog.

My wife assists in coordinating some of their adoptions We started off just fostering dogs who were in-between homes ,and now we have three permenant labs at home. Expect to pay probably $200 for a Chocolate or Yellow, Blacks are a little cheaper. Puppies more expensive than full grown dogs. (Dont quote me for certain on the prices, just a ballpark)

Please do at least visit the website and consider saving a lab instead of letting one get put down. Feel free to drop me a line with any Q's.

EDIT: I wanted to add that they don't just scoop up unwanted labs and sell them for a profit. They are non-profit and the dog you receive has been fully treated for any medical issues. All shots, heartworms etc. etc. are taken care of before the dogs are adopted out.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom