• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That's so sad. I can't imagine the deperation one must feel witnessing such a tragedy yet not being able to stop it. That must be an awful feeling. And that poor child. I'm almost hopeful that baby isn't old enough to remember his or her parents. As messed up as it sounds I would rather a child be too young to remember anything than go their whole life remembering the loss. It's just an all around tragic situation.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It kind of makes you wonder if he'd had previous head injuries that went unreported. It also makes the NFL look stupid because they don't really do enough to help with coping and life skills. They know that many players are coming from troubled backgrounds but don't do much to get them from adult boys to men.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher kills girlfriend, himself - chicagotribune.com

Read this story make me mad to see this especially the part I highlighted:

"This is part of the tragedy of urban living in this country," Kansas City Mayor Sly James told reporters outside the practice facility.

"Handguns all over the place, people blowing themselves away, and others. At some point we have to get a handle on this kind of stuff. We are not doing a good job of it."

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    It kind of makes you wonder if he'd had previous head injuries that went unreported. It also makes the NFL look stupid because they don't really do enough to help with coping and life skills. They know that many players are coming from troubled backgrounds but don't do much to get them from adult boys to men.

You have got to be joking.

A) If he had head injuries, then it is up to him to seek out help. I am sure he can afford it, as well as seek help from the team doctor.

B) How is it the responsibility of the NFL to provide "life" lessons. They already provide a fairly well compensation program.

C) Again, the NFL is merely an employer. It is not their responsibility to "raise" these men.

For goodness sake, do not diminish this horrific crime by making a victim out of the moron who did this.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

This was sad all the way around. At only 25 I don't believe he has had the effects yet of any head injuries. Most NFL players seem to have those effects a little later in life. The real problem is the enabling of this behaivior. When the NFL throws money at at them, most are not held truly accountable for negative/bad behaiver. When you combine all of that and the player already was a thug what do you think the outcome will be!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

A) If he had head injuries, then it is up to him to seek out help. I am sure he can afford it, as well as seek help from the team doctor.

B) How is it the responsibility of the NFL to provide "life" lessons. They already provide a fairly well compensation program.

C) Again, the NFL is merely an employer. It is not their responsibility to "raise" these men.

For goodness sake, do not diminish this horrific crime by making a victim out of the moron who did this.

If he was simply just a moron who did this (which is very, very likely) poor concussion standards are seen from middle school football on up. Is it his responsibility as a player to seek help? Yes. Would most players seek help if they went undrafted and were trying to stick around with a team? Nope. The big name players have proven that they won't. Not a victim even if he had head injuries. Was just mentioning that it MIGHT be a possibility.

This was sad all the way around. At only 25 I don't believe he has had the effects yet of any head injuries. Most NFL players seem to have those effects a little later in life. The real problem is the enabling of this behaivior. When the NFL throws money at at them, most are not held truly accountable for negative/bad behaiver. When you combine all of that and the player already was a thug what do you think the outcome will be!

There have been plenty of high school players that have been concussed and ended up cutting college careers short by sophomore year because of it. Most that I've read about have either hidden concussions through high school or played through it coaches backing them. And I fully agree about the enabling part of it. That starts when "star" players are young and are showing physical gifts. I went to school with athletes (in several sports) that were given passes on failed drug tests, never worried about not passing a class, given passes when it came to crime.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

What? If you have head injuries, brain damage, it is up to you to self diagnose?

This is why coach takes your helmet away.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If he was simply just a moron who did this (which is very, very likely) poor concussion standards are seen from middle school football on up. Is it his responsibility as a player to seek help? Yes. Would most players seek help if they went undrafted and were trying to stick around with a team? Nope. The big name players have proven that they won't. Not a victim even if he had head injuries. Was just mentioning that it MIGHT be a possibility.

There have been plenty of high school players that have been concussed and ended up cutting college careers short by sophomore year because of it. Most that I've read about have either hidden concussions through high school or played through it coaches backing them. And I fully agree about the enabling part of it. That starts when "star" players are young and are showing physical gifts. I went to school with athletes (in several sports) that were given passes on failed drug tests, never worried about not passing a class, given passes when it came to crime.

I guess I just don't have that much sympathy because when you go play a sport where you bash the crap out of each other what do you think a chance of what could happen?

I see what your saying and yes younger kids have gotten hurt from time to time however maybe I'm just becoming that old guy down the street but it seems we as a culture (or a lot of people in it) wine about the kids a little too much. We rode bikes, dirt bikes and played a lot of backyard football without helments without all the mass injuries reported like now. Was it smart no. Just funny how now with all the "safety equipment that all we hear is reports of an epidemic of "this sports unsafe, kids are getting hurt etc". But like I said when you run into each other at full speed what do you think is gonna happen.

I know stuff happens I just don't feel it's that big of an issue now with the safety equipment let alone an excuse for a player to use bad judgement. And if they are using bad judgement then the team/coich needs to step in and be more proactive or in a lot of cases here is an idea......fire them!

Last edited:

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Just wait, I know this is a big story, but it also seems to me like every little shooting everywhere is getting over-reported, almost as if they're trying to scare everyone... I've never seen so many shootings actually get reported on the news

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    What? If you have head injuries, brain damage, it is up to you to self diagnose?

This is why coach takes your helmet away.

Where did I say "self diagnose"?

If you run head first into a wall, you will know that you don't quit feel "right".:n00b:

We need to stop talking about how this morons chosen profession some how influenced his choice to kill his GF and then himself.

Top Bottom