• ...and so much more!
  • Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Hello all.

Today, I purchased my Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 17 round 9mm handgun from Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

This is the procedure:

1. Add your selected firearm to the bin. Please note, the firearm will not be reserved until they've received payment and a copy of your local FFL.

2. Select your FFL.

3. Pick up your gun at your FFL when it arrives. You are responsible for your own tracking.

And that's it.

Proactively, I sent an email to them because my FFL claims the online vendor has them on file. I also have the copy of their FFL license incase they ask for a copy. Hopefully, this will expedite the process.

As the event unfolds, I will report back to you all.

I chose this online vendor because I was looking for a specific gun, and they had it at a bargain price. If all else goes well, I would put a strong recomendation for this online vendor.

**UPDATE**
    I received an email from the online vendor, claiming they didn't have the FFL on file. No sweat, I pulled out my DSLR and took a photo of it and sent it directly to a person. Let's see what they say now. So far, everything looks good.
    **UPDATE**
    ATF will not accept an FFL taken by a camera. It must be either faxed or Scanned. A scan, is a picture of a document, but let's not get into particulars. lol. I'm going to fax over the FFL now.
    **UPDATE** 24 hours later, it's still being processed in their warehouse. If the status doesn't change by tonight, I'll contact them tomorrow. I was hoping to get it by this weekend.
    **UPDATE*
    The Package is already in Louisville Kentucky!!! Scheduled to be delieved by Monday. Maybe I'll get lucky and it's already on it's way out here. Cheaper than dirt already did their part. They got my order process and shipped in less than 2 days. When I receive the firearm, I'll examine the merchandise and describe how it was shipped, the quality of the item, and my experience with Wannamaker Guns as my FFL.
    **Final UPDATE**
    Yesterday, a delivery attempt was made to Wannamaker Guns. Unfortunately for me, they were observing Dr. Martin Luther King day. I received an email from UPS that they delivered the item this morning. I arrived at 11:30 and was done with the background check and walked out of the door by 11:40. It's cost $35 dollars for the FFL transfer.

The package: With my order, came a plastic carrying case for the unit. Inside, was the handgun, with one magazine installed, and AN EXTRA MAGAZINE. (I was only expecting 1 magazine) A lifetime warranty registration card, and the instruction manual. It also came with the keys for the external gun lock saftey, and a brush for 9mm caliber barrels. I disasembled the gun, and it was packed with a light white grease that I will be looking to learn how to clean really soon.

Overall, my experience with cheaperthandirt.com was a success. I ordered and received the item in about a week, and that's with a holiday in between. If you order your item On Monday, I can almost garantee it will arrive to your home or FFL by Thursday. They shipped my item 2nd day air and I believe that's their standard shipping.

I recommend Cheaperthandirt.com.

Last edited:

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Hello all.

Today, I purchased my Taurus PT 24/7 Pro 17 round 9mm handgun from Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter

This is the procedure:

1. Add your selected firearm to the bin. Please note, the firearm will not be reserved until they've received payment and a copy of your local FFL.

2. Select your FFL.

3. Pick up your gun at your FFL when it arrives. You are responsible for your own tracking.

And that's it.

Proactively, I sent an email to them because my FFL claims the online vendor has them on file. I also have the copy of their FFL license incase they ask for a copy. Hopefully, this will expedite the process.

As the event unfolds, I will report back to you all.

I chose this online vendor because I was looking for a specific gun, and they had it at a bargain price. If all else goes well, I would put a strong recomendation for this online vendor.

Cool let us know how it works out, I have never thought about purchasing a firearm from this vendor.

Top Bottom