• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I need a recommendation for a cheap and temporary scope for a Remington 700 7mm Magnum, I just want to be able to shoot it in January when I am home on leave. I'll pick up a nice leupold or something when I get back. If there's something for say under $100 that will let me get out and put some rounds through it. That would be awesome. The scope will probably wind up on like a .22lr Remington in the future, like a Model Five or something. Also, who makes good rings?

Edit: Sorry, meant to put this in Accessories.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Burris XTR Rings are pretty nice, also Burris makes some nice affordable scopes in the $100 - $150 range.

the XTR Rings are $50 a set usually and come in 1" and 30mm. I'd recommend these for when you get your nice scope, pry not for the affordable one thats going on a rimfire

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    so, 1" tube or 30mm tube?

I think I'd bite the bullet and just get a nice scope with a 30mm tube for the 700 now and then get a cheaper one for the .22 later.

I don't think I'd want to restrict myself to a 1" tube just so I can put it on a .22 later. I guess it depends on the yardage you plan to shoot the 700.

IGW has a good saying "Buy once, cry once"

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I have that saying, but I don't have the money to spend on a $1000 scope right now, and I really want to be able to shoot my gun for the 2 weeks I am in the states on R&R.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Soldier, I will loan you a scope and rings and install them for you and get you on a 300 yard range where you can shoot to your hearts content. I will pull targets for you. PM me if interested.

However, if you insist on spending your money, just get a $40 Bushnell from Gander Mountain that comes with rings. Fixed 4 power and plenty good enough for what you want to do. I have two of them on 22 Mag bolt guns and they are fine for coyotes.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Top Bottom