• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    If you are right handed, shooting low left means you are squeezing your entire hand instead of just the trigger finger. Also beware the "pinky of death"! lol! Any squeeze of your pinky will make you shoot low.

The key is to use the same grip EVERY time you grip the pistol. I teach my students ONE two handed grip: Strong hand high on the backstrap, thumb folded to touch or nearly touch middle finger. Weak hand: blade your hand (like a karate chop!) and slide your hand up under the trigger guard until your pointer finger is touching the guard. Then wrap your hand around and place weak thumb on top of strong thumb. Where the bottom of your hands meet behind the gun there should be no space. If you look at competition photos MANY shooters use this grip. It may not be the only one, but it's the only one I use and teach for two hands.

I'll try to post some pics. This is what the NRA teaches and it works very well.

rmember, if you place your strong thumb over weak, your really only have a one handed grip! I see this a lot. Often on larger calibers the strong hand slips out of the weak hand upon firing! Placing the weak thumb over the strong eliminates this and makes for faster malfunction clearing, while providing a very stable grip. Give it a try! Again, once you find what you like... STICK WITH IT!

I've had that issue. Pinky problems! No more though!

Top Bottom