• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Any shops in Central have a good selection of Uberti and Pietta (or their importers)? I would like to handle the various 1873 clones before making a decision. Thanks.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I don't know where you're at...but I have a 45 colt SAA you could handle and shoot if you like. I know last time I was at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood they had some black powder Uberti's. That was last year probably. There was a whole cabinet dedicated to them...so struck me as it was probably a regular stock item. They may have had SAA's too...but I didn't pay much attention. Rural King, last Christmas had the one I bought....but I haven't seen any there lately(but haven't looked).

Beyond that, I have no idea...though. Sorry.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Gander Mountain & Dicks (ugh! & ugh!) usually have 1 or 2 in their display cases. Not sure where you are located, but I'd suggest attending a local Cowboy Action shoot. There you'll have access to all kinds of SAAs. Most will even let you test-fire them while you're there, just ask beforehand.

SAA's ROCK! :draw:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'm in Hamilton Co so everything is close enough. I checked Cabela's website and they said none available but didn't think of Dicks or GM. Thanks for the ideas. I know I can make contact with the cowboy clubs through my dad. He was born in the wrong century so I grew up the cowboy life in rural California.

I'm not into shooting or quick-change competitions. I really just want to shoot and take it apart.

Gabrielvox1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Camby, IN
    The Outdoorsman shop in Greenwood used to have a great supply. I bought a super nice engraved Taylor's there way back when. Can't swear to what they have these days though. been many years since I've gone that way.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll second the recommendation for The Outdoorsman. I cannot remember a time when I went in there and there was not at least one SAA in the case. Good folks to deal with too.

Top Bottom