• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • timeforchili

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    My first post...I have a question about updating my cc permit. I recently moved and faxed the notification of my new address to the appropriate powers in Indianapolis. I've been patiently waiting an updated licence with my new address. It never came.

Should I be expecting one or do they just update it internally and you keep the original inaccurate one?

Thanks and sorry for such a boring thread

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My first post...I have a question about updating my cc permit. I recently moved and faxed the notification of my new address to the appropriate powers in Indianapolis. I've been patiently waiting an updated licence with my new address. It never came.

Should I be expecting one or do they just update it internally and you keep the original inaccurate one?

Thanks and sorry for such a boring thread

First of all :welcome: to :ingo:

Second, in order to receive a new license you must pay $20.00 for one with your new address on it. So you will be doing this:
    they just update it internally and you keep the original inaccurate one

BTW, not boring :D, you'll find we're a fairly decent community, unless you just come here to fly to the classifieds.:n00b:

Have a good one and enjoy your time here!

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Welcome to the group. That's actually a pretty good question that I had not seen addressed before. I just learned something...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's actually a pretty good question that I had not seen addressed before.

It's actually addressed in the INGO FAQ. Imagine what else you could learn today... ;)

The ISP won't send you a new license (or even let you know that they received your fax...) You can call them to verify, but if you want a new license you have to pay the $20 duplicate license fee.

timeforchili

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    thanks everyone, i love this site, i've been perusing in the shadows for a while...glad to finally be official!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It's actually addressed in the INGO FAQ. Imagine what else you could learn today... ;)

The ISP won't send you a new license (or even let you know that they received your fax...) You can call them to verify, but if you want a new license you have to pay the $20 duplicate license fee.

INGO has a FAQ?:dunno:

But seriously I would put it you should call to verify, especially if you faxed it in. I've read numerous times here where peoples address didn't get updated. Not too long ago someone called in to check and the lady who does it says she doesn't get half the faxs. Here's the number (which is also in the FAQ :D)317-233-5054

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    How on earth did you get a cc permit in Indiana? Did I miss something?
    here come the smart asses. to say what he is tryin to say nicely is, indiana has a LTCH (license to carry handgun) not a CCW (concealed carry weapon) permit. by that i mean, the weapon does not have to be concealed. the law is silent on the issue, does not say anywhere on the license or in indiana code that it must be concealed, therefore it is legal to open carry as well. this brings up thousands of other threads on the site just so you know.

but im sure you were just using a genaric term and didnt mean anything by it.

sharpshot82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    I am about to move and I am glad I found this thread. Was wondering what to do. I am also a first time poster on the forum.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I am about to move and I am glad I found this thread. Was wondering what to do. I am also a first time poster on the forum.

:welcome:to :ingo:

A good place to look for questions is in the FAQ

I know
    INGO has a FAQ?(sorta an inside joke, you'll get it after you've been here for a bit)

But seriously there is a lot of info in there, but if you don't find what your looking for or don't understand what you do find don't hesitate to ask.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    here come the smart asses. to say what he is tryin to say nicely is, indiana has a LTCH (license to carry handgun) not a CCW (concealed carry weapon) permit. by that i mean, the weapon does not have to be concealed. the law is silent on the issue, does not say anywhere on the license or in indiana code that it must be concealed, therefore it is legal to open carry as well. this brings up thousands of other threads on the site just so you know.

but im sure you were just using a genaric term and didnt mean anything by it.

rich, it's not about being a smart arse as you put it. Even though the license clearly states on top that it's a License To Carry Handun, you would be amazed on the amount of people who really think that is is strictly a concealed license because of the amount of misinformation that is out there. That's the main reason people still to this day refer to it as a CCW.

Top Bottom