Casual small group Indy south side area meet up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Sounds like a good idea. The more local people are, the greater the likelihood they can actually help each other. I have quite a bit to offer a group I'm comfortable in.

SecondAmendment

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Great Idea

I would be interested in meeting like minded people. I have extensive experience in the field of medicine and have studied wilderness survival skills since the late 1980's. I like INGunOwners but have not posted enough to submit PM's yet (I don't think). I think they should rethink that policy, but that is off topic. I welcome suggestions on alternate ways to contact the folks in this thread.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I would be interested in meeting like minded people. I have extensive experience in the field of medicine and have studied wilderness survival skills since the late 1980's. I like INGunOwners but have not posted enough to submit PM's yet (I don't think). I think they should rethink that policy, but that is off topic. I welcome suggestions on alternate ways to contact the folks in this thread.

Become a Site Supporter..... I was in the MSG-2, and would be interested...

jimbo762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Camby
    This seems like a good first post.
    I would be interested in attending. Just moved here from out of state. Havent met a firearm i cant fix yet. Avid hunter, competitive shooter, history of coaching/training long range high power.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    This seems like a good first post.
    I would be interested in attending. Just moved here from out of state. Havent met a firearm i cant fix yet. Avid hunter, competitive shooter, history of coaching/training long range high power.

Jimbo,

Welcome to Indiana. What competitive shooting do you do? If it is USPSA first match of the season for Freetown is this Sunday if you are interested.

jimbo762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Camby
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Havent really competed in much pistol stuff in 20 years, i mostly do nra highpower and trap shooting. Did some international running target at the national level a lifetime ago but i would be interested in trying most anything.
    Its the competition that i love, which sport im competing in is a matter which guns i have the most ammo for at the time :-).
    What is the bare minimum i would need for Sunday as far as equipment?
    Jim

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd be interested in this too. I am a former aircraft mech now working in IT and am a fair mechanic. I have a bunch of reloading experience as well.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Havent really competed in much pistol stuff in 20 years, i mostly do nra highpower and trap shooting. Did some international running target at the national level a lifetime ago but i would be interested in trying most anything.
    Its the competition that i love, which sport im competing in is a matter which guns i have the most ammo for at the time :-).
    What is the bare minimum i would need for Sunday as far as equipment?
    Jim

Well lets see minimum would be:

Handgun (minimum caliber 9mm)
    Magazine pouchs 2 is minimum (you could put a couple in you back pocket) 4 is better
    A holster that covers the trigger guard
    round count is 153 if you don't miss I would suggest 200 -250
    And dress for the weather.

Not sure exactly where you are at but since this is a south side thread I will guess you are on the southside you would be welcome to rie down with me.

Doug

jimbo762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Camby
    Thanks for the info Doug. Count me in. I'll pick up a holster and mag pouches today.
    Im in Camby technically, but i would consider it Mooresville. Maybe i can meet you in Martinsville and we can go from there.
    Thanks
    Jim

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I'm in. I have skills for most things mechanical, reloading, rope work, and others. Post a date and location, I'll see if I can make it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    9th and 30th work for me... I know the 9th is a bit soon and the 30th is far...

Maybe the 9th at shallows at say 8pm?

Edit: let's make it the 9th unless many cant make it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom