Casual small group Indy south side area meet up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    We have interest

We're near Southport and would like to have a look. I'm retired IPD and Emerg. Mgmt., the wife is a retired IFD paramedic and currently a nurse with ER experience and ACLS certification.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am in from Greenwood.
    Pisces, HA
    I am a new home builder/sales/realtor
    I have a couple hobbies, I make in ear custom hearing protection, lawn/snow business, paintless dent removal business.
    My wife is LEO, so I can help with some questions.
    Interested in emergent first aid stuff

Last edited:

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'm Ss. I'd be interested. I need to learn how to use short wave radio equipment. I'm handy and have tools and basic equipment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This might not be the "Small" group you were looking for. Many qualified instructors and folks with deep skill sets needed in any emergency SHTF situation. A good base of knowledge.
    I am west side. Not scared to roll south. This could be interesting and extend our skills.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Thanks for all the responses... Seems like there is more serious interest compared to the larger msg2. I think meet ups and people close to home is a lot easier for people.

I should not be out of town for more then two weeks I can try and organize a meet and eat when I have a better idea on when I'll be back in a week or so or someone else can get the ball rolling.... Or if someone else has a better idea?

I also don't really want to be considered the leader... If someone wants to organize a meet up at any point feel free.

gearheadwilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Pm me with info when available. I have many skills but always seek to learn new ones and impart my own knowledge. Thanks

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'd be in depending upon what time and date you decide to pick! this would be pretty fun! always nice to put faces with names.. I know some of you really look like your avatar though! :laugh:

you started this, now you'll have to finish! ;)

let us know if you'd like to make it a pitch in on food or anything, i'd be glad to help.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    I don't have a location but would be glad to help organize or whatever else is needed. Will start asking and calling around for location. I am good for a pitch in too. Unless we want to do like a wing place or other restaurant for the first meet and see how it goes before try at someone's house, barn, etc. will verify firearm friendly.

Last edited:

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Southeast Way Park has plenty of shelters and are first come first serve unless they are reserved. The only problem I see with a restaurant is everyone will be seated and would make it hard to mingle.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    i am deffinately in. as a southsider myself this would be perfect! i think a big key to skills is being sort of a "jack of all trades, master of none", in that having a working or basic knowledge of lots of things will be invalueable in a shtf scenario. while each person in a msg can combine their amounts of knowledge into a pool or wikipidea of skills and prevail

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Definitely interested. South Sider here.

I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Wait no, I don't.

In reality I'm a LEO. Former Marine. Handy with wrenches and electronics. Just started doing the whole prepping thing but an upcoming wedding keeps my funds low for that. Handy with firearms, by far not an expert. Pretty savvy with medical supplies. Avid hunter and fisher.

Would love to be a part of a more local MSG

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Just found out I have to go out of town for work for a while so just a heads up.

Would the greenwood/southport/beech grove/greater area be convenient for everyone.

Going to give a garden a second try this year... Put it in a bad spot last year. I may consider having people over who want to practice gardening skills?
    You might want to try having people over who want to teach gardening skills.

Top Bottom