• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CoolBreeze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    I have heard that it is not a good idea for the lady to carry in her purse. Does anybody have any other suggestions for ladies carrying?

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    There are some down sides to purse carry, but then again, there are down sides to every method.

The challenge is not to find the "perfect" carry method, but to find one (more likely a couple) that has advantages that are significant for you, and its disadvantages are things that you can manage or work around.

This is a great site, written from a woman's perspective, that reviews several different methods of carry along with the pros and cons of each:
    Cornered Cat - How Do I Hide This Thing?

The reason I say "a couple" is that how you carry really depends on what you're doing, what you're wearing, and other factors that can change day to day. Some folks here will talk about their "Summer Carry Gun." I have my everyday set up, and my "business suit" set up. Different options for different situations.

CoolBreeze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Awesome!! That looks like a very comprehensive description of the diferetn options! Thxs a bunch...will forward it on.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    My wife carries a 32 in a small paddle holster under her shirt. I told her once that all she needed to keep from getting mugged or messed with is to have one of the stayfree minipads sticking out of her purse...that scares every man....I slept on the couch that night and orderd some ShamWOW's at 3 a.m

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    My wife carries a 32 in a small paddle holster under her shirt. I told her once that all she needed to keep from getting mugged or messed with is to have one of the stayfree minipads sticking out of her purse...that scares every man....I slept on the couch that night and orderd some ShamWOW's at 3 a.m

ShamWOWs are amazing!! They are every bit as good as the stupid infomercial portrays them.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

LOL man that's freaking hilarious :):

belle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was asking this question a couple of months ago, myself, and appreciate all the resources I was pointed to, especially Cornered Cat. I decided to try a belly band/belly wrap. Wearing it below the waistline inside jeans was okay, but I hit on an idea I had not heard. It works for me to wear it up high on the ribcage right under the bra, with my .38 special subnose directly under the left breast (to draw righthanded), angled so that the butt and muzzle are pretty much in a vertical line with each other. I had to add some stitching to keep it from shifting from this angle. As long as my blouse/sweater has a little bit of drape to it, it's very well hidden and actually pretty comfortable. To draw, I would just partially raise my blouse with the left hand and reach under with the right. I'm a smallish person, so this should work for anyone who isn't totally flatchested. I would recommend some kind of moisture-proof layer in the "skin" side of the holster pocket.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    My wife likes the belly band too... she doesn't carry... yet... but she has a belly band and likes it.

I've tried it too... needless to say its very tight on me... but I find it quite comfortable over a t-shirt, and would be even more comfortable in my size.

We have five kids ages 2 to 11, so purse carry is out of the question.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Purses can be stolen way too easily which makes me too nervous to wanna carry it there. Anywhere on your person would be the best bet. I'll have to give the belly band a looksee.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Here's how my wife likes to carry. She's intrigued by the thigh holster offered by Galco, but she'd need a smaller gun for that, and she's not getting another gun until I get one. I hate not having a handgun. It de-mans me, having to borrow my wife's .45 LOL.

Cathywithhidden1911.jpg

Cathywithnotsohidden1911.jpg

Cathywithasurprise006.jpg

Cathywithasurprise005.jpg

Top Bottom